Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Helicopter in flight
Posted By: Steinback, 01-23-2009, 10:41 PM

I keep getting distracted and stalling on posting photos so here are a couple from December that my sister just reminded me to send her. The miniature helicopter is what she bought our father for Christmas; in these photos he's showing off for his siblings and my cousins.

Long term I want to take some more shots with a better background and a higher shutter speed but it will probably be a couple months before we're back in one place again.

The helicopter runs for about 10 minutes off of a tiny rechargeable internal battery. After about half an hour of running into things for practice it isn't too difficult to control.
Views: 2,045
01-24-2009, 04:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

In flight capture and it is stunning in deed!
01-24-2009, 05:05 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very much in detail the chopper

cheers
01-24-2009, 06:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Ian, James is right. Fantastic capture of in-flight helo.
My nephew is in town with a helo and when I saw the title of this thread I thought you captured their helo coming in.

01-24-2009, 06:32 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

very Nice !!!
01-24-2009, 06:43 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shots of the helo, but what I really like is the joy on the face of the operator. The fact that he's slightly OOF makes it even better, because his obvious enjoyment shows thru even better

NaCl(you captured the little kid inside your dad...well done!)H2O
01-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I agree with Salty the operator makes the picture as much as the subject , both of which are captured well.

01-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice images of an exiting event, did you managed not to brake anything? The heli looks quite stable though!
01-24-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Was just playing with one down in the carpark at work.

2 work colleagues have them ... one of them as a much larger RC heli as well (about 2m long).

Have also been playing with a new toy myself as well in the carpark ... RC Drift 1/10th scale ... good fun on a polished concrete carpark. Might try and get some shots tomorrow night if i can.
01-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks guys, I am looking forward to getting this printed to give my parents a copy.

JC, I do occasionally take photos of aircraft around Windsor but I haven't taken any recently.

Gawan, nothing broken so far except a tail rotor, luckily the helicopter came with several spares. We try not to fly around fragile objects and overall the helicopter is surprisingly tough, mainly it just bounces off of stuff.

Mechan1k, RC cars are certainly entertaining when you have a decent amount of space and a smooth floor. In high school for a class project I modified my electric RC car for computer control and then got to run it around in the gymnasium. Lots of burnouts and sliding around on a nicely waxed wood floor with no danger of damaging anything. I look forward to see what you come up with in the way of photos.