Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pretty bird in my neighbor's backyard
Posted By: sealonsf, 01-28-2009, 03:04 PM

I like this photo - unfortunately, the bird isn't really in focus. Is it very obvious that the bird's not in focus? I tried to work with it a bit after I took the photo. Does anyone know what kind of bird it is? Taken in Northern California.

I'm just learning what my K2000 can do. This was taken with a Pentax DA55-300. The bird was small and quite far away.

Views: 4,825
01-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sealonsf Quote
Thanks for the help. This is all new to me so I appreciate it. I almost deleted this photo, so I'm glad I didn't now that I've received some good feedback - I did sharpen it a little after I took it.

I think starting a bird photo database is a great idea. I would add to it when I can and I've seen many excellent photos here already.

BTW, just got my first rejections for the Pentax Photo Gallery. Oh well. I suppose I'll keep trying.
Don't get too bent out of shape over it. Wildlife photography is very demanding. I have days where I'm happy to get 5 keepers out of 300 frames.

You did very well with a 300mm glass on a small bird. I usually must go to over 500mm to get a proper scale on something as small as a Phoebe. The one I posted was taken with a 620mm glass.

For bird photography the most important piece of field gear is patience.

Last edited by wildman; 01-29-2009 at 12:16 PM.