Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
PP Saves the Day : Faux Frost (2)
Posted By: cputeq, 01-30-2009, 07:23 PM

Hi there Pentaxians I hope you don't mind me sharing the rare picture - I'm a former K200/K20 owner and a Pentaxian at heart! Plus, this is the best photo forum I've ever found!

----------

I just wanted to share a little example of how post processing saved a picture.

I was in the woods hunting birds, etc, and didn't find a darn thing. Well, I saw this trail and decided to take a picture. The lighting was very dull, almost dark, and I knew it would be bland coming out of the camera. I didn't have my tripod, so I wasn't going to try a bracket for HDR. I payed attention to composition and tried to get the best exposure I could:

After a color profile change, curves adjustment, highlight recovery, crop, vibrance boost, small clone in photoshop and a canvas creation (whew!), I ended up with this:

I like the result! I was going for a bit of a cold looking picture and the trees even look like they're frosted!

C&C welcome and thanks for reading!
Views: 2,564
01-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like the image. The trees do look frosted in the pp version. Somehow I like the original better. But you like the pp one, so that is what counts! I bet it does look good printed.
01-31-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good PP work, the processed image looks so much better!