Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
People Of The Dominican Republic - Part 1: Children (3 images)
Posted By: Darth Ramirez, 01-31-2009, 07:42 AM

Two Saturdays ago my fiance and I were married in the Dominican Republic where we had met almost three years previous. After the wedding we took a jeep safari tour and most (but not all) of the shots are from that tour.

All shots were taken with K20D and Sigma 70-200 2.8 HSM II and most were taken from a Jeep with very poor suspension on a very bumpy, unpaved road, handheld. SR got a work out! I was very impressed with the Sigma's quick focusing. I started out the tour with the Tamron 28-75 but quickly found that it could not focus fast enough from the moving jeep so I switched to the Sigma.

This first series is of people divided into three parts: Children, Adults and At Work. If there appears to be any interest in these photos I'll post two more series: Dominican Scenics and Animals of the Dominican.

Part 1: Children

Brother and sister pose for a photo outside their school about a half hour west of Puerto Plata. The boy seemed very timid about having his photo taken, but his sister comforted him by taking him in her arms.

This young girl admires her freshly picked flower on the front porch of her home.

Young school girl plays with her dog on her school's baseball diamond. The weeds you see around her serve as the diamond's outfield wall!

Views: 2,553
01-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like these happy faces!
01-31-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
Inactive Account

"This first series is of people divided into three parts: Children, Adults and At Work. If there appears to be any interest in these photos I'll post two more series: Dominican Scenics and Animals of the Dominican."

I've enjoyed Parts 1 and 2 very much. By all means, PLEASE post all the pics you can. I have a very warm place in my heart for the people of the DR. Spent a lot of time in Higuey and the eastern coast beach towns.