Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

First try for "Band photo shoot"
Posted By: Duh_Vinci, 03-26-2007, 02:32 PM

Ok, so I've never done this before, someone I work with asked if I could give a try and do a photo shoot of the local band...

Thank you everyone for ideas in the other post, much appreciated!

The light was so low, that I had to use flash in many images (though tried bouncing it off the ceiling and walls)...

Be gentle, here it is:

Some individual photos during the practice session (tons of fun):

And few B&W conversion, I was trying for something "rough textured" looking:

Any comments/suggestions are most definitely welcome! I've never done this before...

Regards,
D
Views: 6,771
03-27-2007, 04:46 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Sorry for delayed reply, overtime at work insane - ER has been blowing up in the past two days...

Many thanks for the kind words and comment, really appreciate the encouragement! During this 1 hour shoot outside and couple hours during practice - I've learned so much by experimenting with equipment and settings!

The band made it very easy too (I only knew guitar player) - very easy going, very inviting with no reservations. So to be honest with you, I felt very comfortable around the, and that makes a big difference in the approach!

Sent the images to the band - they are very pleased, that makes me very very happy!!! Invitation to the studio recording in few weeks for their first demo album, invitation to the "battle of the bands" that is coming up shortly after I'm having a blast so far, bring back memories when I used to hand around rock and metal bands 15-16 years ago in Russia.

Thanks to all for the comments, suggestions and ideas, huge help in planning, much appreciated!

Regards,
D
I love pictures of musicians. Sounds like you're going to have opportunities to get some more. Can't wait to see them.

Jer

03-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #17
Veteran Member

you sure this was your 'first try'? haha, kidding.

you took a great set of photos. congratulations!
03-27-2007, 08:17 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
B&W's are definitely the strongest - though I love the group shot of them, each standing at the base of a different arch.

-Dan