Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
ME Super for Me
Posted By: cupic, 02-01-2009, 10:56 PM

After my dad passed away several years ago My mum gave me he's camera and I found it again.loaded it with film so now i will have to finish the rolls before I see its creation

cheers
Views: 1,839
02-01-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
JMR
Veteran Member

Your story reminded me of my father, although he did not have a camera. It also reminded me of a man I met when I was photographing in Central Ontario. The man owned- you guessed it- a Pentax ME Super. I recognized it right away. He saw me shooting with the K10D and then we exchanged a few words. He was eager to know about the new digital camera but was concerned about cost. Was he surprised and happy to learn that he could keep all his old manual lenses; and I let him try his 80-200 lens on my camera. His jaw all but dropped when the lens fit. I told him to keep his old lenses. His wife gave him the nod and off he went to buy his new K10D, which by then was cheaper because of the introduction of the K20D. As far as I am concerned if some company produced just digital backs, I would not hesitate to go back to my old manual cameras and their simplicity and ruggedness.

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 02-01-2009 at 11:42 PM.
02-01-2009, 11:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought my ME Super when I was 15, new from a camera store. I have a k20d now...but I have memories with my ME Super...and I have used it since but just bought new film and batteries. I have my dad's pocket lecia.....and I plan on going on a shoot... each shot with mine(K20d)....mine when I was a kid(ME Super)...and my dads.... memory lane
02-02-2009, 09:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I bought mine new when I was 13. I love that ME super. It came with the M 50mm f1.4 on it, and the same case as the one pictured above. Awesome viewfinders in these cameras! I'm sure you will enjoy your "new" camera.

02-03-2009, 01:44 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This is a great thread because I think it shows why a lot of us are grounded in the Pentax line--it is not all about numbers. That sure is a beautiful camera and it sure is a beautiful and special way to stay connected to your dad. Best to you.
02-03-2009, 03:54 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
This was he's first camera that he bought new at a cost of AU$400
He was a big softy,much like me to a degree

cheers
02-03-2009, 04:17 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I got mine about a year ago. The seller on ebay told me that only one roll was shot with this body. Sounds pretty unbelievable but in any case the body was in almost mint condition. I've been carrying this body around quite a lot. Hopefully this thing will work for many years to come.

My dad had a Canon AE-1 Program body before and he's now using a Canon G7. I've once borrowed him my P30n with film loaded. He didn't shoot any photos with it, but he's always very interested in my film bodies.

02-04-2009, 06:03 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Wow ... it's amazing what you find.

My Dad had an old Fujica ST???? ... but my Mum can't find it ... and neither can I.
But that's OK ... I have a couple of nice old Spotmatics now ... and I am in love.

That's in pretty good nick as well ... looking forward to seeing what the roll produces.
02-04-2009, 01:43 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Or "Me Super for ME" nice camera, wish I had one..
02-04-2009, 04:07 PM   #10

The only thing left, others are sold out.

Last edited by leikey1982; 02-24-2009 at 03:13 PM.