Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Austin, TX
Posted By: SailorsKid, 02-02-2009, 06:29 PM

I spent a couple days over the holidays in Austin, TX, and managed to get a few good pictures. The statue was taken at a bed and breakfast that we stayed at, as was the lit tree. The action shot of the squirrels was taken at my alma mater, Texas Lutheran University. I really love squirrels - I was one for Halloween and I take pictures of them every chance I get.

Attached Images

Views: 2,327
02-02-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

The squirrel looks very cute there with a nice motion blurr.

The first shot has a nice texture to it.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing the images with us
02-03-2009, 05:19 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks! :-)
02-03-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I agree with James. The Statue is a very good shot. I like the close crop of just part of the face and the background. The way it's shot leaves the viewer with lots of questions and that makes it interesting.

The tree shot is also interesting and the shooting angle draws you up the tree to look for more.

The squirrels are a good sharp capture. I think a bit overexposed and could use a little help in post processing.

Seems Dad's gift is getting well used.

02-03-2009, 06:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Pictures 1 and 2 are great. The texture from the statue really pops. I was in austin last year and absolutely loved it. I would love to move down there. Who knows, maybe I'll be packing up my stuff and relocate after this summer...still have weddings to DJ. I'm also thinking about San Antonio.

There's just too much cold up here in Michigan.
02-03-2009, 06:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have a habit of looking at the pictures then reading the text. I was really confused for about twenty seconds trying to figure out what the first shot was. My eyes went right to the black spot/ eye socket area and was like what the heck is this. Than I saw the big picture. Great shot and I really like the second shot as well. Great angle and DOF.
02-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
I agree with James. The Statue is a very good shot. I like the close crop of just part of the face and the background. The way it's shot leaves the viewer with lots of questions and that makes it interesting.

The tree shot is also interesting and the shooting angle draws you up the tree to look for more.

The squirrels are a good sharp capture. I think a bit overexposed and could use a little help in post processing.

Seems Dad's gift is getting well used.
Thanks for the comments. My dad called me last night to say that the squirrel was overexposed. :-)

02-03-2009, 09:19 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hey Elwood Quote
Pictures 1 and 2 are great. The texture from the statue really pops. I was in austin last year and absolutely loved it. I would love to move down there. Who knows, maybe I'll be packing up my stuff and relocate after this summer...still have weddings to DJ. I'm also thinking about San Antonio.

There's just too much cold up here in Michigan.
San Antonio is also fantastic. Great food, music, and climate. I used to go there in college all the time. If I ever lived in Texas again, it will be Austin.

I also understand about the cold, here in Ohio, and I was born in Michigan. I'm ready for spring!
02-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series, I like the statue pic most!