Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
MX and Kodachrome
Posted By: Dana G, 03-27-2007, 06:58 AM

Taken sometime in the 1970's, with an MX and 135mm lens on Koachrome.

Mama, don't tale my Kodachrome away!!

Views: 1,552
03-27-2007, 07:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot Dana! I'm amazed that the reds have stayed vibrant for 30 years or so! A lot of old slides I've seen from this period have lost significant color depth, especially in the reds.
That almost looks like an old wurlitzer juke box behind the Christmas ornaments. Was it?

NaCl(that old slide film can sure stand the test of time)H2O
03-27-2007, 07:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My first impression was that it was a jukebox too. I like it! It has party time written all over it.
03-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Jukebox? Yeah add me to that list of people who is thinking that way too! Where's the party? Great shot!

03-27-2007, 05:30 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Nice shot Dana! I'm amazed that the reds have stayed vibrant for 30 years or so! A lot of old slides I've seen from this period have lost significant color depth, especially in the reds.
That almost looks like an old wurlitzer juke box behind the Christmas ornaments. Was it?

NaCl(that old slide film can sure stand the test of time)H2O
Thanks for the comments!

Kodachrome is actually three levels of black and white emulsion. That's why it is so difficult to process, but it is archival.

Sometimes I wish they'd make 120 Kodchrome again so we could archive our digital images with a slide printer!

It was actually a part of the food section of a shopping mall. It caught my eye because it's so over the top!