Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Inverted Crashing-Wave Bokeh (For Gus)
Posted By: heliphoto, 02-07-2009, 11:41 PM

Before you say it - It's not a good photo - just interesting to me (so I'll inflict it on you )...

Pentax-F 50/1.7 wide open. The grass in the background is sloping downhill to the left rear, but to my eyes it looks like it's curling up behind the little flower and inverting like a ocean wave curling...

Views: 2,348
02-08-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
Damn Brit

I see what you're getting at Josh. Actually it's not bad, easier to look at after a couple of whiskies though.
02-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
...easier to look at after a couple of whiskies though.
That would make all my photos beter - good idea.
02-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yeah it's too early to see that - intersting though let me slap some baileys in my coffee and have another look

02-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Looks an interesting phenomena, now that you told the background of the shot!
02-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

For technical reasons, this is called nissen bokeh where branches are hardly an easy subject to put in the background bokeh department.

That is more than nervous bokeh. Harsh edge with clattering elements. Good for desire migraine effect. This often puts an artist in difficult situations to use this sort of effect well when composing an image.
02-09-2009, 02:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
For technical reasons, this is called nissen bokeh where branches are hardly an easy subject to put in the background bokeh department.

That is more than nervous bokeh. Harsh edge with clattering elements. Good for desire migraine effect. This often puts an artist in difficult situations to use this sort of effect well when composing an image.
Right on there James, seeing as though everyone else seems to be needing mind altering substances to "get" the image, what would you prescribe me?

I kind of like the abstract nature of the background, but the wave description has me seeing both the curve over and the slope away. Curious