Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A few from my day off...
Posted By: jeenyus, 02-08-2009, 12:49 AM

before I got interupted by work.

Fun with the self timer

Red Light, Green Light/Where's the moon?

Couple at Sunset

Any criticism is welcome.
Views: 3,040
02-08-2009, 03:40 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I like all these images, but #3 is the clear winner for me. Brilliant colours and a nice clear silhouetted skyline. I like the way you 'framed' the sun with the tree; it adds a nice touch.

#2 is well done also, imo. I love shooting night stuff so I have a soft spot for it. I really like the exposure on this one... not too much to make the tree too bright and just enough to make those nice star shaped lights. Very well done, jeenyus.
02-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I think the last one is the best as well . First one looks a little under exposed.
02-08-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
Veteran Member

The second image is of most interest to me! The last is beautiful!

02-08-2009, 09:45 AM   #5
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maritimer Quote
I like all these images, but #3 is the clear winner for me. Brilliant colours and a nice clear silhouetted skyline. I like the way you 'framed' the sun with the tree; it adds a nice touch.

#2 is well done also, imo. I love shooting night stuff so I have a soft spot for it. I really like the exposure on this one... not too much to make the tree too bright and just enough to make those nice star shaped lights. Very well done, jeenyus.
Thanks Maritimer.

I don't know if accidents can be considered nice touches

I love shooting at night too. I like sunrise and sunset of course, but that's only a few minutes of the day, especially since I'm rarely up for sunrise. Most of my shooting is at night.
02-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #6
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I think the last one is the best as well . First one looks a little under exposed.
I had someone else tell me that they couldn't read the "stop" in a stop sign, in one of my pictures, and it shows up fine on my screen. My monitor also gets darker or lighter depending on the angle(laptop). So sometimes if a shot looks under or overexposed, it's just a screen tilt away from being brighter.

I'll see if I can find something on how to make my screen as close to what other screens are going to be, at least for editing.

It's probably just underexposed, but you reminded me of that. I don't want to think people are seeing one thing, when they're seeing something very different.

Thank you for your comments.