Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First weekend with k20d
Posted By: wasim_altaf, 02-08-2009, 09:05 PM

I finally had some time to get out and about this weekend to try out my first fully-automatic (D)SLR. I'm still trying to get used to the P mode, and where all the buttons and wheels are -- I keep turning power switch, mistaking it for the front wheel! Anyway, Saturday was dark and gloomy, though we didn't mind the warmer weather. Had a hard time finding interesting, colorful subjects. Here is a few, starting with "cholesterol corner" of town. Opinion/criticism much appreciated, for I have a lot to learn. Shot in JPEG, set to "natural."

Last edited by wasim_altaf; 02-26-2009 at 10:01 PM.
Views: 1,056
02-09-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That first one has some potential, but with the lens you have you'll have to stand in the middle of the street to get a good perspective. The tarps kind of spoil the second one. A little tighter crop and a little more straight on would make the third one very interseting. Number four is little busy with no real point of interest that stands out to me.

My 2 cents worth,

Ray
02-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sawtooth235 Quote
That first one has some potential, but with the lens you have you'll have to stand in the middle of the street to get a good perspective. The tarps kind of spoil the second one. A little tighter crop and a little more straight on would make the third one very interseting. Number four is little busy with no real point of interest that stands out to me.

My 2 cents worth,

Ray
Thanks for your opinion. I just might stop in the middle of that intersection one day and try filling the frame with those three shops.

Rest of the Saturday set was far worse, but Sunday was a little better. I think my pics really belong to the "Photo Critique" section, however, so I'll upload a few there.

Wasim
02-10-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the the forum, Wasim! Nice series to start with!