Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First Post
Posted By: ecwoj, 02-11-2009, 04:34 PM

Hello,

Been lurking for a while and wanted to see if I could
a) get these photos to post and
b) see if I am getting things right.

The following photos are from some of my first attempts at full manual control on my K200D. All photos shot with my DA*16-50mm and in RAW. The link takes you to a webpage where the metadata is included.

The two of my sons are candids I took while they played, my daughter was running around and I had her stop for a second to grab a posed.

Thanks and I hope they are somewhat pleasing!

(Posting Webpage - _IGP0169)

(Posting Webpage - _IGP0248)

(Posting Webpage - _IGP9914)

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K200D  Photo 

Last edited by ecwoj; 02-11-2009 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Upload images correction
Views: 1,276
02-11-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Looks to me that you have it fairly well right. Well done and welcome.
jim
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Jim.
02-11-2009, 08:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice first series. Looks like your getting the hang of it, but remember that practice makes perfect, so go takes some more.

Ray

02-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
Igilligan

Welcome...

You have a nice cam and lens there... I like the third shot of your son the best of the bunch. He looks like the camera loves him. I look forward to watching you progress with the kid pics...

That is what I like to use my camera for (two young daughters). The more I have shot them, the more comfortable I am at catching them just being kids.
That has been the challenge for me.

I looked at some of your other shots and you used a D40. Did you keep that camera?
02-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Lovely kids, nice pictures and welcome and post more

marcus.
02-12-2009, 04:31 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for the encouragement

I sold the D40x to pick up the Pentax system over the summer. I picked it up the Nikon used last March, and it got me back into seriously snapping photos again after a 10 year break.

The D40x is a great starter camera, but for me the killer was the over saturation of the colors as it came out of the camera. I could never get straight from the camera what I considered a natural color set, and the greens were way off. I did not realize higher level Nikons have many more color profiles until after I sold it (silly me). I might have just stayed with used Nikon equipment (because that is what I could afford), if I could handle color issue before post processing.

The thing I miss about the D40X was the light weight with kit lenses. It just lets you fly when trying to catch fast moving kids, birds, or opportunity shots.

For now I shoot everything in RAW with the natural color profile on with my K200D. This camera has a lot to offer, and I am only beginning to scratch what it can do.