Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Valentine's Special...Damaged Goods
Posted By: stevebrot, 02-14-2009, 12:49 AM

These are from a series that I did this evening. For some reason, I found them disturbing...

(The larger versions...too large for site rules...are more impressive...)

Steve
Views: 1,482
02-14-2009, 12:56 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I see what you mean. All these poor broken hearts pile up. Itīs like cemetery of love stories.
02-14-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
The whole box of candy hearts was a mess. Most had no messages and those that did were mostly munged. Lots were broken and malformed. It reminded me so much of the damage that many people absorb and bear.

Steve
02-14-2009, 02:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteQuote:
The whole box of candy hearts was a mess. Most had no messages and those that did were mostly munged. Lots were broken and malformed. It reminded me so much of the damage that many people absorb and bear.

Steve
Now this is bizarre: at work last night a woman working with us in the office brought in a bag of this same candy. And it was damaged in precisely the same way as yours is in the photo.

Rather than credit the makers with making a metaphorical statement on behalf of the broken-hearted, I would opt for a more practical interpretation: quality control departments were the first to go some years back. Quality control now rests in the hands of the consumer. Sad, indeed!

02-14-2009, 05:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sad indeed both metaphorically and concerning the actual gods. Nice shots though!
02-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jewelltrail Quote
Now this is bizarre: at work last night a woman working with us in the office brought in a bag of this same candy. And it was damaged in precisely the same way as yours is in the photo.

Rather than credit the makers with making a metaphorical statement on behalf of the broken-hearted, I would opt for a more practical interpretation: quality control departments were the first to go some years back. Quality control now rests in the hands of the consumer. Sad, indeed!
I know this much...I am not going to EAT them!

Steve
02-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shots, great drama! Love the coloured one best, I think....
02-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #8
Igilligan

I have been the cause many of those....

In fact after seeing this photo I have finally figured out what I want on my tombstone...

My youth... a series of death defying hydroplanes
I leave behind a boxful of broken hearts
Who no longer remember my name

At the time, it all seemed so important

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy Valentines day

Ps I like the color shot better... I have always loved the chalky-muted colors of the Box o' Hearts