Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Astoria-Megler Bridge
Posted By: heliphoto, 02-18-2009, 06:00 PM

Went to Astoria Or. the other day for a wedding, and shot several different angles of this bridge. Here's a few - all with the DA* 16-50 on the K20D...

Views: 1,556
02-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool pictures.

I live upriver from Astoria and have shot quite a bit around the area, but have never photographed the bridge. Did you make it up to the Astoria Column or the North Head Lighthouse on the Washington side? Both are also interesting subjects

Steve
02-19-2009, 03:04 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots!

In 2006 I visited Astoria and Naselle in FinnFest-festival (Sauna and Sisu theme ). Brings nice memories to my mind .... Thanks for sharing!
02-19-2009, 09:50 AM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kurt Quote
Nice shots!

In 2006 I visited Astoria and Naselle in FinnFest-festival (Sauna and Sisu theme ). Brings nice memories to my mind .... Thanks for sharing!
You came all the way from Finland to visit Naselle?! There are lots of people from Finland in that area, but I never considered it to be a tourist destination!

Steve

(In fact...I think almost everyone in Naselle, Grays River, and Altoona is at least part-Finn...)

02-19-2009, 10:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Cool pictures.

I live upriver from Astoria and have shot quite a bit around the area, but have never photographed the bridge. Did you make it up to the Astoria Column or the North Head Lighthouse on the Washington side? Both are also interesting subjects

Steve
Thanks Steve. I didn't really get to do the tourist thing much at all so I didn't get to those destinations. It was really four days of driving with a wedding sandwiched in the middle. I went out the night of the wedding to get these shots - and that's about the only non-driving related thing I did .

QuoteOriginally posted by kurt Quote
Nice shots!

Thank you Kurt... I noticed signs of Finnish ancestry every (the word Suomi was everywhere) but I also would not have guessed that you would travel there (from Finland) for a FinnFest . Glad you enjoyed the shots.
02-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Thanks Steve. I didn't really get to do the tourist thing much at all so I didn't get to those destinations. It was really four days of driving with a wedding sandwiched in the middle. I went out the night of the wedding to get these shots - and that's about the only non-driving related thing I did ...
Too bad:

Astoria Column

North Head Lighthouse, Washington at Lighthousefriends.com
And a few pics (not mine...stolen from Web...)

Steve

(Really need to get out there...it has been years...)
02-19-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Woah the second one is bizarre.

02-19-2009, 01:19 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Woah the second one is bizarre.
That's a neat photo.
02-19-2009, 01:22 PM   #9
Veteran Member

The pattern here is stunning. The first shot is my favorite
02-19-2009, 01:43 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You came all the way from Finland to visit Naselle?! There are lots of people from Finland in that area, but I never considered it to be a tourist destination!

Steve

(In fact...I think almost everyone in Naselle, Grays River, and Altoona is at least part-Finn...)
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote

Thank you Kurt... I noticed signs of Finnish ancestry every (the word Suomi was everywhere) but I also would not have guessed that you would travel there (from Finland) for a FinnFest . Glad you enjoyed the shots.
Naturally we were tourists!! But truly, we were invited to this festival and it was an honour for us to join the festival. To meet all the people who have roots in Finland and listen their stories. Our choir had few concerts in Astoria and Naselle and actually we had it concert also in Vancouver (and in Bellingham, Seattle and San Francisco).