Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Last lens ever
Posted By: Igilligan, 02-20-2009, 02:12 AM

Ok you all know the story... the Vivi 135 f2 - Industar 50 pancake - Pentacon 50 1.8 I have been on a spending spree of late. With this last one I almost reached the 100 dollar mark...

Now the very last lens in my LBA burst.. The Helios 44M-2. The biotar pre-set ap version of the Helios lens. As I mention in another thread this one does not sit great on the camera, it is a bit loose. But I love the old preset aperture. And it has more blades than my other one.

But like my 44M, it has a 'look' about it. And is sharp even at F2... I paid 17 + shipping for this one and If I could, I would someday have three or four more version of this lens.

Thanks for looking... Last lens example series this week!
Views: 4,265
02-20-2009, 02:30 AM   #2
Forum Member

Helios is well known of its unique bokeh
When buying this lens it's better to test it first, because there is great quality difference between particular models.
Cat portrait is awesome
02-20-2009, 03:06 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Very fine series. Thanks for sharing.
02-20-2009, 03:08 AM   #4
Veteran Member

You sure that is the last lens? A good find

02-20-2009, 03:56 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
That certainly does look like a good find! Colours are superb and the sharpness seems to be quite well also. Love the bokeh on the last two. Great series, Igilligan.
02-20-2009, 11:04 AM   #6
jeffkpotter

Really beautiful shots Gus, and what a great lens! Don't know how you manage to get such great bargains.
02-20-2009, 11:36 AM   #7
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by grzehoofr Quote
Helios is well known of its unique bokeh
When buying this lens it's better to test it first, because there is great quality difference between particular models.
Cat portrait is awesome
Thanks brzehoofr, I wish I could test all of the latest Russian and East German lenses I am buying, but alas there is no way to do that over here. I have really lucked out with this last batch of glass... I got them relatively cheap and they have all been in very good shape.
The OOF area on the cat shot is my fave of the series too...

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Very fine series. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Class a for the comment and the kind words.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
You sure that is the last lens? A good find
Of course it is my last lense James... Of course it is

QuoteOriginally posted by maritimer Quote
That certainly does look like a good find! Colours are superb and the sharpness seems to be quite well also. Love the bokeh on the last two. Great series, Igilligan.
You are much to kind maritimer. I do love the Helios look and both of my versions are pretty nice at F2...

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
Really beautiful shots Gus, and what a great lens! Don't know how you manage to get such great bargains.
Thanks Jeff. I have been lucky the last couple of weeks... Once I decide to give in to LBA, I spend too much time hunting and not enough shootin.... but these last 5 lenses have all been worth it.

02-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice glass Gus and very nice pictures but that second cat potrait is something else again.

Thanks for showing us
02-20-2009, 12:30 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, they are great again!
02-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Ok you all know the story... the Vivi 135 f2 - Industar 50 pancake - Pentacon 50 1.8 I have been on a spending spree of late. With this last one I almost reached the 100 dollar mark...

Now the very last lens in my LBA burst.. The Helios 44M-2. The biotar pre-set ap version of the Helios lens. As I mention in another thread this one does not sit great on the camera, it is a bit loose. But I love the old preset aperture. And it has more blades than my other one.

But like my 44M, it has a 'look' about it. And is sharp even at F2... I paid 17 + shipping for this one and If I could, I would someday have three or four more version of this lens.

Thanks for looking... Last lens example series this week!
what's the blade count on the 44-2? Is it 8 or more? My 44m-4 has 6 while the 44m has 8...
02-20-2009, 12:39 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Agree with other comments. Nice shots, Gus.
02-20-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
Inactive Account

I need to consider getting one of these to sit next to the 40-2
02-20-2009, 03:02 PM   #13
Igilligan

This is the 40-2

I just picked it up...
02-20-2009, 03:57 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Gus,

I think you are being too modest.

Some really nice shots in this series but I think it has a lot more to do with you than with what glass happens to be between you and the subject.

Giving credit where credit is due.
02-20-2009, 04:07 PM   #15
Veteran Member

There is always room for one more, regardless of how 'ever' you think it is