Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
New 1.4 converter out for a bit of a spin.
Posted By: metroeloise, 02-21-2009, 08:29 PM

Just bought this from the local camera shop. More goodies there. Will get some more too. I am saving for a *DA so.... But for a few bucks...

This was worth it. Done with the Seikanon 20-80mm macro f/3.5-4.5 Which renders great colors although it is prone to flair. Just got a lens hoodie for it. This lens with the Pentax 1.4 rear converter makes for a nice walk around lens.

Does this mean that given the 1.5 crop with this converter I have the equivalent of a 42mm-168mm?

I'd like to write up a review for the converter as there isn't one in the data base. I'd like suggestions for what to shoot to get a clear idea of its performance.

Thanks all!
Views: 1,395
02-22-2009, 08:47 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a shot! There must be a story to tell with that image! - So what happened with the eye?

About the TC, what brand did you use?
02-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
What a shot! There must be a story to tell with that image! - So what happened with the eye?

About the TC, what brand did you use?
Thank You.

The Man is a friend in the making. (We should have a word for this, no?) His eye is about an allergy to cats! Didn't know... Got one, the an other, got more and more sensitive over time. Loves the cats and can't move the on.

The brand if Pentax. The 1.4 Rear Converter is what is marked on it. After this I went out last night and shot with it on a k100d and a tammy 28-75mm f/2.8. Some good shots.

THis is the Link to the set

Today is cloudy so far but I am watchful. Curious as to the performance of the converter in better conditions.
02-22-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Really like this image and the PP work is interesting. JIM