Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some of my first shots
Posted By: kewpie-o, 02-22-2009, 07:10 AM

Just got my K20D a couple days ago (actually had the camera itself for several days before my lenses made it here....but that gave me time to study the manual. ) I am completely new to photography and had never even handled a DSLR camera before I received mine last week. I used the "green" mode for the first couple shots, but it wasn't long before I got brave enough to go completely manual and also focusing manually. I feel like I am learning more that way. I've taken a lot of crummy shots (of course), but I've taken a few that I am pretty happy with (for being a novice, anyway)

These are from my second day of shooting. I know I have TONS and TONS to learn and there are probably many things wrong with these pics, but hopefully someday I will look back on these first shots when I am a seasoned photographer with fond memories of the days when I had no clue what I was doing.

I can't seem to put the camera down. No one warned me that this is the most addictive hobby ever.

Thanks for looking!
Views: 971
02-22-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Thanks for posting! And welcome to the forums. I find myself taking pictures of things no-one would ever want to see, just because I like the feel of the shutter or something like that

Nice pictures! Which len(s) did you get?

- Andrew
02-22-2009, 08:37 AM   #3
Igilligan

Very nice intro

The two portraits are wonderful... I think you are way ahead of the curve and will look back at these with loving memories of that beautiful child and how well you did on your first few days with the K20d...
I got my camera to take shots of my little girls too...

Welcome to the K20d...
02-22-2009, 08:43 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewShirley Quote
Thanks for posting! And welcome to the forums. I find myself taking pictures of things no-one would ever want to see, just because I like the feel of the shutter or something like that

Nice pictures! Which len(s) did you get?

- Andrew

Hee hee....me too. Yesterday, I took a couple shots of our ugly rubbermaid trash barrels outside just because I liked the way the light was hitting them.

I have a Pentax SMCP-FA 50mm 1.4 lens and a FA-J 75-300mm F4.5-5.8AL telephoto lens. I think all of the above were snapped w/ the 50mm.

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys!

02-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum, kewpie! You seem to be a quick learner just kidding these are great shots, and you do have an eye for photographs!
02-22-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome and you have got some great shots so far. Soon you will need a new hard drive and be working your way to selling stuff for new lenses. Good luck and have fun.
02-22-2009, 01:01 PM   #7
Inactive Account

I think you'll quickly fall in love with that 50. Its VERY sharp and good in low-light.

- Andrew