Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The groom...
Posted By: heliphoto, 02-22-2009, 06:32 PM

(and others)

My friend got married last week, and I brought my camera, but stayed in my seat so as not to annoy the other guests (and the pro shooter). Still got a few decent shots. The light was really difficult, mostly streaming in a window to the left of the scene and striking the wedding party from their two o'clock position (what can I say - I'm an aviator first)...

Here's my buddy in the classing wedding "I don't know what to do with my hands." pose...

the flower girl's dress got some serious glow going...

so did her face later...

The couple head off to their obligatory 2.5 hours of photographic limbo where they miss seeing and talking to their friends ...(it seems like every wedding I've been to, the bride and groom spend more time with the photographer than any other single person.)

Yeah, the last one's blurry - good though (this is why I don't try to get paid for this sort of thing)...
Views: 1,753
02-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The couple going off with the photographer hasn't happened in the last couple weddings I've been to. Probably because the last two weddings I've been to I was the photographer. LOL Fortunately they were both casual and I was a last resort.
My husband and I didn't go off with the photograher when we were married either, but then, that was umm...quite a few years ago and again, a friend took our wedding photos.

You have some really great shots here Josh. I am sure the family will be happy to have them. I especially like the flower girl images.
02-23-2009, 01:38 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Despite the subjects are a little unsharp, the mood and lighting make them great images for sure.
02-23-2009, 01:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I really like the lighting in 2 & 3, very nice work.

02-23-2009, 02:49 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Numbers three and four for me. Both girls look so proud! And so clever of you to add a slightly soft look to the last. I really like the side light highlighting the hair.

Our wedding photos where all done before the wedding. Funny looking at us hiding the abscence of rings now!
02-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaRee Quote
The couple going off with the photographer hasn't happened in the last couple weddings I've been to. Probably because the last two weddings I've been to I was the photographer. LOL Fortunately they were both casual and I was a last resort.
My husband and I didn't go off with the photograher when we were married either, but then, that was umm...quite a few years ago and again, a friend took our wedding photos.

You have some really great shots here Josh. I am sure the family will be happy to have them. I especially like the flower girl images.
I could shoot a wedding for friends on a casual and last resort basis I suppose - they'd have to pitch in on a flash though.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Despite the subjects are a little unsharp, the mood and lighting make them great images for sure.
Thanks James - I should probably have boosted the ISO even higher to stop motion better.

QuoteOriginally posted by Toshi Quote
I really like the lighting in 2 & 3, very nice work.
Thanks Toshi - the lighting was really cool if you caught the right moment.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dale Quote
Numbers three and four for me. Both girls look so proud! And so clever of you to add a slightly soft look to the last. I really like the side light highlighting the hair.

Our wedding photos where all done before the wedding. Funny looking at us hiding the abscence of rings now!
I don't even remember having wedding photos taken though we must have. Our wedding was hijacked by a squad of women who had all had small ceremonies or eloped to Vegas, and wanted to make our wedding the surrogate Big Wedding they'd all wished they'd had - it was out of control! (or rather out of my control )
02-23-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I love how you have managed to make the best of the available light, very beautiful!