Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Big swell hittin the coast...
Posted By: heliphoto, 02-22-2009, 11:07 PM

Took this from a bluff overlooking the Oregon coast last week.

The waves were HUGE, and I coulda spent all day just watchin' 'em, but instead I took about three minutes, didn't frame my shots all that well, and went back to drivin'.
Views: 2,623
02-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fritz Quote
Beautiful scenery. Not that I'm partial or anything.
Hah! You probably drive by that spot on your way to work. Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by lodi781 Quote
Very Nice! I like it alot....
Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by Larsenio Quote
Have to agree; a lovely shot of your beautiful coastline! And dramatic too, what more is there to ask for
Yeah, it was nice - it's more Fritz's coastline than mine though, it's about a 12 hour drive for me to get there. Thanks.

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice capture Josh, really well balanced.
Thanks Gary.
QuoteOriginally posted by jgredline Quote
I take many of these types of images and I can tell you, that you have a fine capture. Right place, right time. I agree you should have stayed longer and got perhaps a once in a lifetime capture.
Great DOF, What lens and setting where you shooting at?
Thanks Javier. I really do like it now the more I look at it. As for staying, well, in many things there are trade offs, and I was still about dead that night when we finally got a hotel room (about 10 hours of driving I think - I hate driving long distances), so I'm glad we didn't spend more time stopped.