Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Same photo different crop
Posted By: Jimbo, 02-25-2009, 11:22 AM

After a couple mentioned that it would have been better on have the bird facing the other way I went back and tried a different crop. Comments would be appreciated. JIM
Views: 1,398
02-25-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
JMR
Veteran Member

Superb image and crop, Jim. The colour of the bokeh makes him stand out even more as it both highlights the soft colours of his feathers and contrasts the blacks. Ohhh superb.

JMR
02-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Now ''THIS'' works!!. I was thinking this very same thing when I saw the first. Now the bird is facing the right direction. Bravo.
02-25-2009, 12:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Superb image and crop, Jim. The colour of the bokeh makes him stand out even more as it both highlights the soft colours of his feathers and contrasts the blacks. Ohhh superb.

JMR
Thanks JMR. With a couple of people commenting on how the bird was facing and knowing I have a lot of the image to work with as far as crop, I was able to position the bird to the far left which does work better. Thanks for pointing that one on the earlier version. I also played a little bit with curves on this one to darker the bird up slightly. Always appreciate your honest comments. JIM

QuoteQuote:
Now ''THIS'' works!!. I was thinking this very same thing when I saw the first. Now the bird is facing the right direction. Bravo.
That's happend a few times on photo's I have posted where just changing the crop improved the image. Thank oyu for looking and commenting on the two verison Javier. I have always been a fan of your work! JIM

02-25-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
jeffkpotter

Beautiful photo. Perfect crop.
02-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Beautiful photo. Perfect crop
Thanks Jeff. I am sure you mentioned the position of the bird on the first post. Thank you for commenting. JIM