Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I think i have a speck on my lens....
Posted By: MrApollinax, 02-26-2009, 12:02 PM

Oh wait... I know what that stuff is! SNOW

The first of a predicted 6-8 inches has been falling here in the Twin Cities. The little smoker's hut is probably around 200 feet away from my vantage point. Beyond that is pretty much white. I'm going to have a fun drive home today...
Views: 1,799
02-26-2009, 12:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hope you get home save! Nice shot, gives a nice impression of something I hoped would have been over by now..! My father would say: As far as I'm concerned, it could start raining warm water...
02-26-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I thought maybe it was just high ISO noise...

It looks like is really dumping on you guys. Here in the Pacific Northwest the snow level has dropped to near sea level today for a light dusting this morning. The mountains, however, have received about 6 feet (2 meters) of snow in the last 3 days. Woo! Hoo! Lets go skiing!

Steve

(We may have to dig down to find the lifts however...)
02-26-2009, 12:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

That is what you call snow. Is that guy trying catch a load to take home in the back of the car??

Nice shot, makes one feel really cold just viewing it!

Interested in your comments, what is the idea of "smokers hut".I get the drift, but why? Never heard of one of them down here?

02-26-2009, 12:43 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Smokers hut??? ... looks like a small bus shelter, but I'm Canadian and have been known to be wrong occasionally.

We are going to get the same storm starting tonight. Should get another foot of the white crap. I'm sick of winter.
02-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks! Smoking is banned inside the building so that is why there is a smoker's hut. Since the weather gets like this (at at times drops well below 0 degrees, so far below that you don't need to convert from F to C) building owners are required to have a covered (sometimes heated) space for smokers to smoke outside. A lot of things are dictated here based on the fact it snows quite and bit and gets really cold. Out of frame and to my right is the skyway tunnel (think hamster tubes but for humans) connecting the parking ramp I am standing on to the building across the street.
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I have tried to shoot falling snow in action the whole winter, but not quote succeeded, and now you show me an excellent example! Well done!

02-26-2009, 05:51 PM   #8
JMR
Veteran Member

This is a great shot. I am sure it would be quite ordinary without the snow.

JMR