Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My PAD link and 3 birdies LARGE files
Posted By: LaRee, 02-26-2009, 10:36 PM

This month my local photography group had an exercise to shoot a particular subject (our choosing) every day for the month of February. It has been fun to watch everyone tackle this project. You might enjoy taking a gander at the list of PAD posts for February. Here is the link:
2009 - February | San Diego DSLR Photography Group

I have taken a few photos this month besides my PAD "Bob" photos. But I have been so busy I haven't done anything but admire them. I've taken so many crumby "Bob" shots that instead of the PAD inspiring me, I feel more inadequate than when I started. I really had to throw some junk out there, but it is empowering to shoot a PAD. I am thankful that there are only 28 days in February this year. You will see the "Bob" entry for February 24th on my smugmug PAD gallery. Bob went to the zoo with me that day.

So, here is a link to my PAD gallery:
LaRee : photos : PAD with Bob- powered by SmugMug

And if you made it this far and have read the above blabbering from me, I think you deserve something I hope you will enjoy to look at. A couple birds taken with the k20d & DA*50-135 at the zoo.

Can someone explain how I link a smaller photo off of flickr. The link they provide grabs the original upload size. I don't want to bum anyone out by posting huge photos. I had these uploaded already to flickr. Is there a flickr poster who can help me out here?
Views: 4,226
02-26-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice series LaRee. I really like the last one. The background colors match the birds colors well. JIM
02-26-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Seriously, these birds look so exotic and colourful. I am really fascinated by their plumage details.

This is a fantastic serie, LaRee!
02-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Beautiful shots, that last one is stunning.

02-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Great shots, your angle takes the viewer so near them! I love the colours!
02-27-2009, 04:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
These images are fabuous, the color is stunning.

In flickr, if you click on 'all sizes' on the top of the image and then choose 'medium' it would be smaller, but IMO this is the correct size for posting.
02-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #7
jeffkpotter

Excellent LaRee! I greatly appreciate your posts.

02-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gee - I don't know how you mangage to catch these birds with such clarity and sharpness, La Ree. Wonderful job.

Jer
02-28-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Great Glass + Great Eye + Great Skill = Great Photographs

Another fabulous set LaRee.

Ray
02-28-2009, 07:47 PM   #10
JMR
Veteran Member

Well, I do like the second one and I can see where you were headed.

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 03-01-2009 at 06:30 PM.
02-28-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Great stuff LaRee.

Tom G
02-28-2009, 11:53 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The first picture is extremely nice, but the second one is stunning! That is one nice lens--congratulations and thank you for the always interesting shots.
03-01-2009, 01:16 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you

I appreciate all the comments and I am glad you enjoyed these. I had a fun taking them. I was in this aviary for over 90 minutes. It was rare that only 2 other people came through during that time. It is a very small aviary at the zoo and kind of out of the way. It is my favorite though.
Since I had the place to myself, the birds got very used to me. I had two very bright multicolored blue birds zipping by me fast. A couple times they got so close that I swear their wings hit my ear. Ok, so it was probably just my hair, but I have SHORT hair!

Did anyone check out the PAD link I posted? Just wondering. It isn't any photographic art statement or anything. Just an attempt to take a photo a day of a particular subject for a month. If you have the time check it out and let me know what you think.

Maybe I shouldn't have posted 3 bird photos if I wanted you to check out my PAD right? I should have posted a shot from my PAD instead. Anyway, the story that unfolded at the San Diego Digital SLR group is pretty funny. The link to the site is in my original post.

Again, thanks for the comments. It reminds me why I miss this place! I've been too busy the past 3 months or so.
Oh, btw, the second shot posted here of the bright orange faced bird (sorry I'll have to write that name down next zoo visit)..anyway it was shot through 1x2 wire cage material. It is really tough to shoot through and the animal has to be the perfect distance from the fencing for it to work at all. I am always happy when I get anything usable.
03-01-2009, 02:24 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Enjoyed those shots.

Here is the method I use to load up the smaller shots with a link under them:

copy the link to the small index image in Flikr.
Use the insert image button and paste in the image link.
Go back to Flickr and copy the link to the bigger image.
Now select the code that the insert image button made in your post.
click on the add link button (looks like a world and a chain), and paste in the large image link.

You should end up a hotlinked image that when clicked opens the large image.
03-01-2009, 03:26 AM   #15
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

LaRee, very nice bird series. The orange headed one is great considering that you were shooting through a cage wire.

The bob series is fun. I think you did a great job with a very good dialogue to match. I like the layout as well.