Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Our farm "Boss"...er, "Bosses!"
Posted By: GLThorne, 04-02-2007, 08:15 AM

This would be Libby, our Lab/Akita mix. She goes everywhere with me at the farm and in the truck and would be the Alpha-female also. In the dog world that is.

The lighting and her coat made for an exposure nightmare, to me, but RAW & PE5 came through again!

But, THIS, is the FARM RAM-ROD. He runs things and was taking a break outside the shop yesterday afternoon so I got this through the window. Don't shoot me, but this was with my Sony P/S.

Hope you enjoy...........

Last edited by GLThorne; 04-02-2007 at 08:47 AM.
Views: 2,269
04-02-2007, 08:43 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Those are really great pics of the shot callers around there! I especially like the third one.
04-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I was busy on facebook when I got bombarded with messages there. Beautiful shots!
04-02-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Great pictures, really like the third and fourth one.

Carol

04-03-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
Veteran Member

That is one beautiful dog! Looks like a real sweetheart.
04-03-2007, 10:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

A beauty. He looks like a pure Lab, I don't see any Akita features on him except for maybe the fur around the neck. I'm doubting you in any way, just an observation

The last portrait works really well for me, good job!
04-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all for the wonderful comments. She's a sweetheart to the family, including the cats, but not to strangers.

V - the small amount of Akita she has in her is, yes, in her neck, but more so in her body, tail and feet. Her tail is real thick and bushy and stays curled up all the time and her feet look odd on her they're so big!!

Also, no need to worry about doubting me or upsetting me, especially you, as you're one of my loyal commenter's! (That's a word - right? )

Here's a shot of her sister who is 100% pure lab. She's actuall 1 of the only females from a litter of Ducks Unlimited Dogs and they were only wanting males at that time. So a law enforcement buddy of mine whoe breed them, gave her to me. SHE'S the real sweet heart! These were my first attepmts with PE5 and frames and such. Also hadn't had the K100D too long at that time.

Last edited by GLThorne; 04-03-2007 at 10:49 AM.
04-04-2007, 06:50 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Two beautiful dogs! You're a lucky guy. As I've grown older I've come to enjoy the company of my dog more than most people; probably a comment on either not having to listen or not having to answer. He also likes my pictures; always wags his tail when I show them to him.
04-04-2007, 06:55 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Beautiful photos.
04-04-2007, 08:12 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys. Yep! We're lucky to have these two. They've gotten to be pretty good dogs and would be lost without either of them!! Check out my most recent post of their new little sister, Nestle.
04-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Ah, well I'm glad I'm not stepping on anyone's toes here. Some people can get very touchy about comments, thank goodness for the smilies Hmmm..."commenter's" I don't believe is a word, well at least not with an apostrophe before the 's'. I could be wrong here but I think it would be commentator. Either way I understood you and no I'm not a loyal commentator, I just enjoy your pictures

Hey I remember those pictures from a while back. She's a lovely looking dog. You did well with the frames, I like the paws you added to the frame...a nice touch.