Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Wild Life Saturday
Posted By: vievetrick, 02-28-2009, 01:10 PM

It has been a while since I posted any pictures so thought I would share a couple from today. Seems like all the wild life in the area is happy spring is on the way. Two deer cruised through the yard this morning. I grabbed the K10 and Sigma 70-200 to see what I could get. There are in the woods a little to far away. But , I got a few and then did some cropping to get these.

Then I headed to the pond down the road to shoot a few geese. There were plenty.

Comments welcomed!
Views: 1,497
02-28-2009, 03:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey Patrick,
You could try chumming with apples to get a clear shot, not that I would do such a thing. I saw a dude in one of MY spots hunkered down with a "L" lens and thought the ducks were awfully close to him. the next day I went there and saw some corn he dropped. I think this is the local guy that does mostly waterfowl and gets magazine covers. I know his dirty little secret too! We have so many geese around here you have to watch your step.
02-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I can see that you tried to frame the images with foreground bokeh of the branches. It works better in the third shot
03-01-2009, 05:10 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Opend this thread expecting "Wild wife", but I understand I misread the title...

I like the third one very much!

03-02-2009, 01:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice, I would like to have a chance to photograph deer, even behind the bushed like in here, gives a delicate mood!
03-02-2009, 01:35 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Nice series, it's amazing how the deer can blend in with their surroundings and how motionless they can stand, thanks for sharing.
03-02-2009, 02:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
Hey Patrick,
You could try chumming with apples to get a clear shot, not that I would do such a thing. I saw a dude in one of MY spots hunkered down with a "L" lens and thought the ducks were awfully close to him. the next day I went there and saw some corn he dropped. I think this is the local guy that does mostly waterfowl and gets magazine covers. I know his dirty little secret too! We have so many geese around here you have to watch your step.
You know what's funny about that - even in "Outdoor Photographer" where they preach about not disturbing wildlife, etc... you get the feeling that "wow, how did they do that.." etc etc.. One specific example was the photo of some sort of toucan flying - the guy built a scaffold/blind next to the tree where this bird was hanging out, then went up for days and sat, basically until the bird got used to him enough that he could get some good photographs. Tell me he wasn't disturbing the bird?!

Pat: Nice shots - I have about as much patience as a thimble when it comes to wildlife shots - I like the third one the best...

Oh, here's some smileys from my son:
he likes clicking them.

-Dan

03-02-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks all for the comments. We got about a foot of snow today so the Geese I am sure are freeking out and the deer is snuggeled up under a tree somewhere.

Dan, tell your son thanks for the smileys
03-03-2009, 07:18 AM   #9
Veteran Member

You are the real hunter!
03-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Indeed nice series Pat - the only way to hunt