Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Reverse Ring Macro
Posted By: mikeSF, 02-28-2009, 03:00 PM

I picked up a 49mm reverse ring to try macro shots from my M 50mm 1.7. The results were quite nice. Not bad for an inexpensive alternative to a macro lens.

I snapped a few stamps and coins for the test, and also the flower bud of a bottle brush tree.

Last edited by mikeSF; 06-08-2011 at 11:25 AM.
Views: 1,926
02-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great quality in the first two!
02-28-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
JMR
Veteran Member

I agree, good alternative for macro. And very sharp. I like the definition in the penny.

JMR
03-01-2009, 01:11 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks. yes, good definition even out on the edges. i used a tripod for the first two which was easy to keep focused. Handheld for the third which was tricky because the camera drifts in and out of focus with the slightests camera movement and with motion of the tree.
i think i paid $15 for this ring on eBay, so am very pleased with the new found abilities of the lens. I still want to try out a Macro tube set to see what that is all about, but those are a much more expensive option.

03-01-2009, 05:07 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
i think i paid $15 for this ring on eBay, so am very pleased with the new found abilities of the lens. I still want to try out a Macro tube set to see what that is all about, but those are a much more expensive option.
It looks like this reverse ring works very well with the 50/1.7! I have both the ring and the tubes, and prices were simlilar, although the tubes have the M42 mount... But I think K-mount tubes don't have to be very expensive!

Good job!