Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Savannah, GA (11 images)
Posted By: sawtooth235, 03-01-2009, 02:43 PM

I was in Savannah, GA for the weekend last weekend and thought I would post a few travel photos.

The Peacemaker

Fountain with Church

Me

Architecture

Bonaventure Cemetary

I hope you enjoyed this brief trip through historic Savannah, GA.

Ray
Views: 3,063
03-01-2009, 04:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Enjoyed your photos of Savannah, favorite is the fountain with church, thanks for sharing
03-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Thanks for sharing your pics Ray - I really like #1, the deep blue is so nice. And the second-to-last cemetery picture - the inscription on the monument makes it.
03-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Well done Ray. The first two pop! always great seeing your images. JIM

03-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Very nice architecture shots. Perhaps I can convince the husband that Savannah is the next place we need to go on a weekend getaway.

Heather
03-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Savannah is such a neat town - and you've captured the flavor beautifully. Makes me want to visit again.

Jer
03-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

great series. I really like the rope boat shot!!! great job

03-01-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice images Ray. I have never been there, so thanks for the tour.
03-01-2009, 10:27 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful shots, stunning scenery. That boat is made for the photographer, by all appearances. Well done!
03-01-2009, 10:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

You have captured the spirit of the region. I could spend the whole weekends there too snapping away
03-02-2009, 05:16 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iced Quote
Enjoyed your photos of Savannah, favorite is the fountain with church, thanks for sharing
My pleasure to share, glad you liked them.

QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
Thanks for sharing your pics Ray - I really like #1, the deep blue is so nice. And the second-to-last cemetery picture - the inscription on the monument makes it.
Quite a bit of diversity in this town.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Well done Ray. The first two pop! always great seeing your images. JIM
Jim,

Thank you for the compliment.

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
Very nice architecture shots. Perhaps I can convince the husband that Savannah is the next place we need to go on a weekend getaway.

Heather
Heather,

Savannah is such a great place to have a romantic weekend (if your spouse doesn't spend all their time taking pictures, LOL).

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Savannah is such a neat town - and you've captured the flavor beautifully. Makes me want to visit again.

Jer
Jer,

Thank you.

Ray
03-02-2009, 05:20 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
great series. I really like the rope boat shot!!! great job
Thank you, yeah that one got a few looks from the other visitors (50 year old fat guy laying on his belly to take a picture from ground level must have been amusing, LOL).

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Very nice images Ray. I have never been there, so thanks for the tour.
Heinrich,

Your are welcome.

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Beautiful shots, stunning scenery. That boat is made for the photographer, by all appearances. Well done!
Bramela,

That is an actual working boat that does 6 week sailing training trips.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
You have captured the spirit of the region. I could spend the whole weekends there too snapping away
James,

Thanks for your comments.

Ray
03-02-2009, 05:41 AM   #13
Banned

very wonderful photogrpahs! so how did you enjoy the city? Ive been living here for about 5 years now, and I can tell you it is just so great. downtown Savannah is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in Georgia, and Savannah is such a fun city. you should have stayed for the St. Patricks day Parade. the whole city (for better or worse) comes alive just before St. Patricks day and the parade is always a huge deal. Bonaventure Cemetary is something else isnt it? I could spend all day there just taking photographs. very peaceful. did you get the change to go out to tybee?
03-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
very wonderful photogrpahs! so how did you enjoy the city? Ive been living here for about 5 years now, and I can tell you it is just so great. downtown Savannah is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places in Georgia, and Savannah is such a fun city. you should have stayed for the St. Patricks day Parade. the whole city (for better or worse) comes alive just before St. Patricks day and the parade is always a huge deal. Bonaventure Cemetary is something else isnt it? I could spend all day there just taking photographs. very peaceful. did you get the change to go out to tybee?
We really enjoyed our weekend in your fair city. I am in the area a few times a year on business. We went over to Tybee for the Mardi Gras parade and to enjoy the local flavor, but I didn't drag a camera to the event. We stopped at Jekyl Island on the way home and did a quick drive around the island.

Ray
03-02-2009, 08:03 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Great job capturing a wonderful city! I love Savannah, and not just because I'm from Georgia.