Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Gettysburg Forum Shoot
Posted By: Photo Tramp, 10-25-2006, 02:29 AM

Just a few more pictures from the Forum Members photo shoot in Gettysburg.

Our Starting point Gettysburg Welcome Center.

Lone Battery on the hill side.

Prepairing the Cason.

Protecting the color.

The man who gave us baseball.

Views: 2,084
10-25-2006, 06:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love the pp on #3, gives it that old time feel. Thanks for sharing more of the pictures. They're wonderful!
10-25-2006, 07:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Another wonderful set!

Hi David!

Glad you're showing more of our fun!

I really like how you processed the sepia shot. Looks nice that way. I also like the 'Man Who Gave Us Baseball' photo. The perspective you used with the rich blue sky and the clouds behind him is very striking!

The "protecting" photo is another good example of how we took different shots of the same thing:
10-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
Veteran Member

very nice photos in deed

How often do they practice this demonstration?

10-26-2006, 02:01 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Hi David!

Glad you're showing more of our fun!

I really like how you processed the sepia shot. Looks nice that way. I also like the 'Man Who Gave Us Baseball' photo. The perspective you used with the rich blue sky and the clouds behind him is very striking!

The "protecting" photo is another good example of how we took different shots of the same thing:
Thanks Tracy,
I had a little problem in doing the PP on #3 I just couldn't seem to get the colors to come out and when I did it seemed the picture would show off focus and the sharpening would be way to much. I tried B&W but didn't like the shadows and then I tried the Septa and thats where I really found my self liking the photo and the effect.

Your perspective of the Protecting The Colors shot is excelent I think you did a way better job. I don't know if you were closer or if it was the lens you were using. The picture is clear and the saturation is just right, the colors really stand out and you can see the second cannon better and closer view. I'm going to try a better crop on mine and see if I can't get the cannons to stand out more.

Again, I think when we all shoot together like this we learn so much from one in other and get diffrent perspectives of the shots. It was really a great day and learning experience.

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
10-26-2006, 02:16 AM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
very nice photos in deed

How often do they practice this demonstration?
Good Morning Roentarre,

I thank you for the kind words.

In Gettysburg there are many things going on all the time. We just happened to run across these reinactors that day. If you ever get the chance to visit this wonderful town make sure it is on the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th of July. These are the best dates For Gettysburg. Thousands of reinactors come from around the nation to reinact all the battles each day as they happened so many years ago. Next year I plan on being there to shoot all that action. But I still think the North will win

Its a great place to spend a few weeks. the shops and all the battlefield can't be done in a day. there are so many good places to eat and things to see. If you enjoy people watching This is a great place.

Of course Brendan and I did a little comparitive people watching and Tracy just stood there and said MEN. I won't post those shots but i can say the sceenery was really great.

Good Shooting.
10-26-2006, 03:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Your perspective of the Protecting The Colors shot is excelent I think you did a way better job. I don't know if you were closer or if it was the lens you were using. The picture is clear and the saturation is just right, the colors really stand out and you can see the second cannon better and closer view. I'm going to try a better crop on mine and see if I can't get the cannons to stand out more.

Again, I think when we all shoot together like this we learn so much from one in other and get diffrent perspectives of the shots. It was really a great day and learning experience.

Good Shooting.
Oh, I don't think it's better. It's just from a different angle and little bit closer. The lens I had on at the time was the A*300.

I'm still waiting on Brendan to post his! I think you and he ought to post your 'comparative' shots. That would be another interesting study on perspectives.

10-26-2006, 05:07 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Really nice David. I too love the Sepia processing on the 3rd shot.
10-26-2006, 04:53 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thanks Alan,
Really wish you could have made it. Next time for sure.
10-26-2006, 04:56 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Oh, I don't think it's better. It's just from a different angle and little bit closer. The lens I had on at the time was the A*300.

I'm still waiting on Brendan to post his! I think you and he ought to post your 'comparative' shots. That would be another interesting study on perspectives.
Hay Tracy, are you trying to get me in trouble?
although I think your right about the perspectives. Diffrent angles and same nice view. Oh well you met us and now you know the rest of the story.
If he does I will.
10-27-2006, 12:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Photo Tramp Quote
Good Morning Roentarre,

Next year I plan on being there to shoot all that action. But I still think the North will win

Its a great place to spend a few weeks. the shops and all the battlefield can't be done in a day. there are so many good places to eat and things to see. If you enjoy people watching This is a great place.
Thanks for such a great detailed explanation! I got few friends living in US with babies due next year. I might pop into US again for some travel.

This is great that you guys go out to do regular meetings with photography as a common interest. Envious!
10-27-2006, 03:26 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Thanks for such a great detailed explanation! I got few friends living in US with babies due next year. I might pop into US again for some travel.

This is great that you guys go out to do regular meetings with photography as a common interest. Envious!
It is always good to get together for a shoot we learn from each other and share the common bond between us.

any time you are in the states and If you are close You are always welcome to get together and do a shoot and meet as many of us that can make it. this goes for any member that will be in the area just let us know when and where you are and i'm sure some one will be glad to show you their area and get a shoot started.
Good Shooting.
10-27-2006, 05:26 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Waiting...

waiting...

patiently...

for David and Brendan's "comparative" shots.
10-27-2006, 06:19 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Tom,
Seeing how I don't think Brendan is a member here on the this forum, I would say you would be waiting quit awhile. However the Nice guy that I am, and since Tracy brought this up I will show you one of our comparitive shots, and let your imagination run wild for the rest.

These are only two of our compairson shots which shot is best?

Good Shooting.

Last edited by Photo Tramp; 10-27-2006 at 07:09 PM.
10-28-2006, 06:23 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Hmmmm...

Difficult choice!

The second shot has the vivid colors going for it. Not to mention the spot-on focus...

The first, though, has a certain "softness" to it, almost a 3D feel...

I'd be curious to hear Lee and Meade's opinions.

Are we in trouble, now??