Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
I am now in Detox
Posted By: daacon, 03-04-2009, 04:55 PM

Some of you may know we were in Mexico for a couple of weeks. We did a whole month's of activities from sight seeing, caves , beaches, scuba diving, etc.

The first week we had our kids , niece and daughter's boyfrined with us. All are of age (well the Boy is 17 but hey it's Mexico and he is 6 foot 218 lbs no one questioned him) . Two other couples and 2 other kids. A gaggel for sure - but we all get along really well and have travelled together many times.

Aside from the obvious being beach bums - there were several more activites. This was one of our favorites

Start the morning right - Baileys and Coffee and camera in tow to record the days events....

[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3620/3328276121_7916125cf0_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Now once that was gone (we are early risers) need a few cervasas

[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3318/3328245131_e709837d4a_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Finally this brings us to Happy Hour at the resort ...(11:00 am - 01:00 pm) and no those were not all just for us - we had our wifes and anotehr couple there haha

[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3406/3329110548_21777fde36_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Then usually out for dinner at some resturant - this one happen to be called Karen's in Playa Del Carmen.

[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3642/3329110342_61f19511cb_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

Gawd I miss that !!! Although if one kept that pace for any lenght of time you would die soon - but die happy I am sure

Last edited by daacon; 03-09-2009 at 06:32 AM.
Views: 2,592
03-04-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
Inactive Account

LOL, it looks like you had a great time. How come everything is so bright outside, like a giant flash that is constantly on? ...Oh, the Sun, I forgot
03-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wastin' away in Margaritaville . . . . . exactly what you should do when on the beach.

Looks like you had a great time.

Jer
03-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ileLOL.
Good one Dave, I think it is very important to support these economies in these difficult times glad to see you doing your bit.

De-tox....why? ya only gotta put it all back again later. :ugh:
Cheers Mate.
PS: weather improve while you were away?

03-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #5
JMR
Veteran Member

Looks like to me you kept one eye open and few neurons going at all times in order to avoid drowning your baby Pentax!

JMR
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

You look so happy there! I am so envious of having such a wonderful holidays with such a big crowd!

Enjoy your time there!
03-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ajuett Quote
LOL, it looks like you had a great time. How come everything is so bright outside, like a giant flash that is constantly on? ...Oh, the Sun, I forgot
Yeah I was pretty white when I got there - Sun in Alberta in February while it comes out most days just not the same haha. We did indeed have a great time, who knows next year it may be three years in a row

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Wastin' away in Margaritaville . . . . . exactly what you should do when on the beach.
Looks like you had a great time.
Jer
Indeed it was Jer - must be like everyday now in your world ! Congrats again on retirement..... soon I hope.....

QuoteOriginally posted by Mallee Boy Quote
ileLOL.
Good one Dave, I think it is very important to support these economies in these difficult times glad to see you doing your bit.
De-tox....why? ya only gotta put it all back again later. :ugh:
Cheers Mate.
PS: weather improve while you were away?
Yes Grant we certainly did our part to stimulate the local econmoy. It's funny while they accept peso's (their currency) most things are quoted in USD. We had 3 currencies there (CDN, USD and Pesos) spreading it around as much as we could. As for weather it was pretty good today (7C) the evening we arrived home it was -15C and snowing - rather depressing.... but we are on the downside of winter now...

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Looks like to me you kept one eye open and few neurons going at all times in order to avoid drowning your baby Pentax!
JMR
Indeed the Camera came with me everywhere - only in the pool or ocean did I have to leave it in trusted hands. I was always carrying my Lowepro Computer Trekker backpack with most of my lens - helped me burn off the ohh so many calories I consumed.

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
You look so happy there! I am so envious of having such a wonderful holidays with such a big crowd!
Enjoy your time there!
It was hard not to be happy - good times, good people, good weather - we know how lucky we are to enjoy such things now as this was not always the case. Oh and I am back to reality now (got home early Monday morning).

03-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #8
Veteran Member

every pic you've got this big-a@@ grin. Definitely looks like you had a great time!
Looks so warm there- i'm so jealous right now.

Thanks for sharing, Dave!
03-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for sharing some of your vacation with us Dave, no need to ask whether you had a good time or not it's pretty obvivious. The pictures aren't half bad neither. :-)
03-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Looking good mate
03-05-2009, 05:43 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by khardur Quote
every pic you've got this big-a@@ grin. Definitely looks like you had a great time!
Looks so warm there- i'm so jealous right now.

Thanks for sharing, Dave!
Yeah what's not to like ? I left -15 and snow and had two weeks of +23 or so (one afternoon of rain) and caribean waters !

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Thanks for sharing some of your vacation with us Dave, no need to ask whether you had a good time or not it's pretty obvivious. The pictures aren't half bad neither. :-)
Thanks Heinrich - it was indeed a grand time.

QuoteOriginally posted by Taff Quote
Looking good mate

Thanks Taff - it was the combination of alcohol,sun and warm clear ocean , highly recommended

Last edited by daacon; 03-05-2009 at 05:57 AM.
03-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, you must have had a great time! And nice pics. The beer and cocktails did not harm you too much, or did you double the shake reduction of your camera???
03-05-2009, 07:58 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Ya know, it is un-American to have that much fun while the rest of us are working. What's that? Oh, you're Canadian, eh. My bad, glad you had a good time.
03-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Sounds like it was a great holiday, with friends, sun, and happy hours...
03-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Wow, you must have had a great time! And nice pics. The beer and cocktails did not harm you too much, or did you double the shake reduction of your camera???
Thanks Rense yeah it was ok if you into relaxing, drinking , scuba diving, swiming, drinking and general partying kinda time

QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Ya know, it is un-American to have that much fun while the rest of us are working. What's that? Oh, you're Canadian, eh. My bad, glad you had a good time.
Thanks Tom I just finished shovelling the driveway (twice since I have been back!) after a blizzard this morning ... why do I live here ? Oh Yeah summers are good and I go to Mexico in the winter.....once the kids are gone ummmmmmm

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Sounds like it was a great holiday, with friends, sun, and happy hours...
Thanks Georg right right and right !