Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
spring is around the corner at this lake
Posted By: little laker, 04-03-2007, 06:26 PM

I went back to Jewel Lake, British Columbia today. The lake where I did most of my snowshoeing today, and snapped a few pictures.

The lake it's self is still frozen over

Although the outlet stream is thawed out

I'll probably check back there in about 2 weeks and photograph the changes.
Views: 1,270
04-03-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shots - I really like the first one. I love BC it has a plethora of areas for pictures. Sometimes we drive to Kelowna very pretty dirve from here (Hells Gate is breathtaking) - but latley we fly - instead of a 10 hour drive we arrive 5 minutes before we left with the time change !

Where are of BC is Jewel Lake in ?
04-03-2007, 06:41 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Jewel Lake is about 2.5 hours drive straight south from Kelowna. The next time that your in the area let me know, and I'll see if I can give you a ride through the area.
Do you live close to Calgary? I'll hopefully be going to Canmore and Waterton in 2 or 3 months for a little photo adventure
04-04-2007, 05:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Calgary !!!! Haha I live in Sherwood Park (just outside Edmonton). We always go down to Vernon for the Funtastic slow pitch tournamet July Long weekend - however between ball games and beer gardens very little time for walk abouts :-) but we do enjoy the local lakes there to cool off. Unfortunatley this year no extra time as I have a 'work thing' I have to do when I get back.

I just drove about 1800 mile (from Arizona to here) a few weeks ago - some great sceanary there as well - exspecially Utah and Montana (pretty much I15 all the way) - however I was in a rush and only have mental images.

Canmore is beautiful (Sister use to live there) and I hear Waternon is nice although I have never been. Thanks for the offer and have a great trip !

04-06-2007, 10:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Nice shots!
04-08-2007, 06:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I like the third one the best. Great set!
04-08-2007, 06:08 AM   #7
racinsince55

Never been to BC. But, pictures such as these make me want to make the trip.

Very nicely done.

04-08-2007, 07:53 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by racinsince55 Quote
Never been to BC. But, pictures such as these make me want to make the trip.

Very nicely done.
It's a beautiful place. I've only been to Vancouver twice, but I want to see more I hope to make a trip out there next year.