Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Newest member of our family (new puppy)
Posted By: GLThorne, 04-04-2007, 08:09 AM

I'd like to introduce the newest member to our family, Nestle.

My wife is the Lab Director for our county hospital and the other day someone drove up to the ER-door and dropped out 3 puppies, then drove off. Now, seeing that I mostly post flowers and our animals, one should know that if I could get my hands on somebody doing this, it wouldn't be good. But, at least they brought them to a public place were they stood a good chance of getting taken home. Which they ALL did. My wife's office turned into the nursery for the three and she nabbed Nestle.

Hope you enjoy these as much as we're enjoying her. Our 15 month old just loves his new play-mate!!!

Views: 1,622
04-04-2007, 09:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Awwwe! Now I want a puppy! He's just adorable.

Good for you for taking on that responsibility! I'm certain he'll live a happy life in your home with Libby and your other dogs.
04-04-2007, 11:18 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congrats on your new buddy! Clarence loses a good friend and you get a new one. What do you think the mix is? Must be some Lab in there.

Regards,
04-04-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah, I just saw his thread and posted my condolences to he and his wife.

Our vet says she's got a lot of lab in her, a little ??? and maybe some chesepeake in her due to the wire coat. BUT, she's only about 5-6 weeks old so we'll know next visit.

04-04-2007, 12:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Great captures of a little pup! Sleepy now, wait till we grow up

Regards,
D
04-04-2007, 03:45 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Greg, Cute cuddly shots! Definitely "Awwwwww how cute!" I agree with you about the one who abandoned them, but it is good they got good homes. And your son and his new friend will get to grow up together. There is something very special about a boy and his dog.

NaCl(what do your cats think of the new addition?)H2O
04-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Sooooo Cute!

Hi Greg!

He's so cute! Congratulations on the new addition to the family. The pictures are so rich in color and texture. Very nicely done!
04-04-2007, 07:30 PM   #8
Veteran Member

That third shot is cuteness personified! Almost smell the puppy breath from that one. Can see this is going to be a good size furry family member. Like the name Nestle too, it fits. Congrats and the shots were good too.

04-05-2007, 02:15 AM   #9
Veteran Member

What a cutie. I'm a sucker for puppy/kitten shots, but you did a great job with these. My first rescue was a Lab/Golden mix. He was a wonderful dog, lived with me for 17 years.

With Lab and Chessie in her, I hope you've got water around, cause she is going to love to swim.

Congrats
04-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
NaCl(what do your cats think of the new addition?)H2O

Thanks Salty - Scooter doesn't much care for her as she wants to lick him all the time! Mia has been staying away except at night for the last few days. She'll come around. Max on the other hand, goes right to her, rubbing all over her and tackles the licking and crawling over like he was her mother. Got to love that black cat, who coincidentally, he and Mia were also abandoned on the road leading to the back of our farm. We're suckers!!!

Tracy - Thank you very much. Glad you enjoyed them!

Alan - Yep, we've got a pond or two that she can join her 2 sisters in. We also only live about 15 minutes from Lake Thurmand so she'll get plenty of water time!!

Clarence - After your recent loss, I'm certainly glad you enjoyed these. Again, our thoughts are with you!
04-05-2007, 07:26 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GLThorne Quote
Thanks Salty - Scooter doesn't much care for her as she wants to lick him all the time! Mia has been staying away except at night for the last few days. She'll come around. Max on the other hand, goes right to her, rubbing all over her and tackles the licking and crawling over like he was her mother. Got to love that black cat, who coincidentally, he and Mia were also abandoned on the road leading to the back of our farm. We're suckers!!!
Ha! That's funny from your photos, I would have thought that Max would have been the one to go "Uggghhh! Puppies! "; Mia to be the "Mommie" and Sir Scooter to be the distant one. Just goes to show what I know.

NaCl(animal interactions can be interesting)H2O
04-05-2007, 08:23 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Your dog pictures are first rate. If I point my camera at my dog he goes nuts; he even wakes up when it's pointed at him.
Nice to see that there are people out there that care for the abandoned. We've had some wonderful pets/companions over the years that came from shelters. I'm convinced that they know and appreciate that you are saving them. At the rate you are going, you'll end up with a herd.
04-05-2007, 11:10 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That got a laugh out loud from me!

Yeah, we love our animals and never really worry about how many we have. At one time, we had 9 outside cats and 4 dogs. We had a stray pit/lab mix come up we named Scooby and he was just as goofy & clumsy as the cartoon and a Sheppard/Akita mix, we named Gunnie. He was gun-metal gray and about 100 pounds. We had them both fixed, and all shots. Gunnie had been in a fight with what we believe to be a pack of coyotes that had been running in our area and had a hole in his neck big enough to put my fist in. We spent 4 hours at our vet, who does all our work for the cost of materials, until 9PM that night. We kept them both for a few months and then a good friend asked if we were going to keep them. Scooby liked to play with the cats a bit much as well, so it was easy. Now they both have as good a home and we still can see them from time to time. God has different meanings/tasks for all of us. Guess we're suppose to take care of "the un-wanted"! But, they're not that to us and have given my wife and I very wonderful memories!!!

Sorry soooo long a reply!
04-05-2007, 11:12 AM   #14

Cute is an understatement

Great photos too . I volunteer in a dog shelter which is underfunded and understaffed and the place is a wreck because they can't afford to do better and people just drop their pets off at the entrance without thinking twice for the stupidest reasons. it makes me so mad. The dog I adoped was returned twice! I'm happy the little fur ball will get a good home .
04-05-2007, 11:28 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yes she will!!

We have a private, non-profit shelter down here and what they've done is contact the local grocery stores in the area to see if they can put donation kegs at the exit doors. Then, you can buy dog/cat food, toys, treats, medicine, etc.., and drop in after you pay. Ladies say it works pretty good.