Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
My New Steed
Posted By: Sailor, 03-06-2009, 10:19 AM

A few months ago, my wife and I resumed cycling after a hiatus of literally decades; I bought an inexpensive Specialized comfort bike (a geezer bike) and she used the kids' Huffy (which weighs nearly as much as my Miata). We decided we wanted bikes with a bit more spritely performance and still have an upright riding position, so we bought a couple of "fitness/commuter" bkes. Here are some pictures of mine that I took this morning - please note, for those of you who believe I've slipped a cog, I offer photographic proof to the contrary.

Also, when I told my wife that I'd sure like to have a Mrs. Peel to go along with this Steed, I proved one thing: I can still duck quicker than she can swing!

Jer

Views: 1,377
03-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice. I've had two Treks and loved 'em... I'd really like to get a rig like this with slicks etc.. My only bike right now's got 6" of travel in the suspension - it isn't very optomized for road riding .
03-06-2009, 11:34 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
I can still duck quicker than she can swing!
So true! Too funny Jer. Cheers Mate JIM
03-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We are alike I had a nice Trek myslef - unforutnatley couple of years ago someone needed it more than I apparently - might get another one this year as I seem to be back in a fitness kick so far this year.

03-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ha-ha, we live far from each other, but for us so many general! Велоклуб "Сороковник" - Talks on Mark-ITT Arrive to go for a drive to us, welcome! Добро пожаловать! I will be rad if you will write and socialize with our group of lovers of bicycle trips!
03-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Believe it or not, but I don't have a car, only my bike, quite similar to yours, nice vehicle!
03-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by drmartin Quote
Ha-ha, we live far from each other, but for us so many general! Велоклуб "Сороковник" - Talks on Mark-ITT Arrive to go for a drive to us, welcome! Добро пожаловать! I will be rad if you will write and socialize with our group of lovers of bicycle trips!
Hello, my friend - I enjoyed looking at the photos in your link. It looks like you're having fun. Maybe we can ride together, one day.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Believe it or not, but I don't have a car, only my bike, quite similar to yours, nice vehicle!
Hey, Georg - it never fails to amaze me how people spread out all over the globe can be so alike. I didn't realize you were a bike expert as well as a master photographer; otherwise, I would have asked your advice before I bought one.

Jer
« One Goose | Goosed »