Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Spring is Coming
Posted By: iced, 03-07-2009, 02:06 PM

We have experienced two days above seventy degrees and it feels great. I have been outside drinking in the fresh air and enjoying the smell of spring on it's way. The birds are singing and the azaleas are beginning to bloom, my time year. Took this photo of this mockingbird singing its heart out.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K10D  Photo 

Views: 1,959
03-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Such a beautiful backdrop of flowers and the subject is lovely.
03-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cool shot. Never seen one of those before. I is snowing here so its nice to see good weather! JIM
03-07-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Beautiful shot! I'm not usually a bird fan, but this shot works very nicely w/ a great background and being composed very well. Not to mention the idea that spring is coming... the way things are going in the world right now, it'll be nice to find more colorful distractions outside!

03-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #5

Nice shot! We are having some spring-like weather here in PA. One more nice day, then back to cooler weather.
03-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice image and it came at the right time, was just watching the forecast and by midweek the lows are supposed to be around -26 to -28º C. So a springlike picture is very welcome.
03-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Such a beautiful backdrop of flowers and the subject is lovely.
Thanks for the complement, The flowers come from a small tree, known as a Redbud tree, it grows wild in the forest here. The flowers are as large as they get.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Cool shot. Never seen one of those before. I is snowing here so its nice to see good weather! JIM
Thanks, The bird is a Mockingbird very territorial, has a great vocabulary of songs, mocks other songbirds.

QuoteOriginally posted by vagrant10 Quote
Beautiful shot! I'm not usually a bird fan, but this shot works very nicely w/ a great background and being composed very well. Not to mention the idea that spring is coming... the way things are going in the world right now, it'll be nice to find more colorful distractions outside!
Thanks, It would be great if we could photograph and display only the good things of this world.

QuoteOriginally posted by cindy s Quote
Nice shot! We are having some spring-like weather here in PA. One more nice day, then back to cooler weather.
Thanks, I hate to hear that you are having the cold weather returning, the spring like weather sort of spoils us.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Nice image and it came at the right time, was just watching the forecast and by midweek the lows are supposed to be around -26 to -28º C. So a springlike picture is very welcome.
Thanks I'm glad I could possibly make you daydream, be patient spring is coming, we had those temps only 3 days ago I hope they are out of here.

03-08-2009, 02:45 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I am starting to wait for spring too, nice shot!
03-08-2009, 06:56 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I am starting to wait for spring too, nice shot!
Thanks for looking and the nice comment. We are an impatient society Spring will be here soon with all it's beauty and soon after we'll be wishing for Fall with its beautiful colors. We just need to dig out our photos and daydream, it's good for the mind.