Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Couple from today
Posted By: madmikess, 03-07-2009, 06:31 PM

We decided (as we tend to do most times) to make an impromptu trip over the border to Balls Falls which is just south of Vineland in the Niagara Peninsula. Been a few years since I was there last so I wanted to get there for a few shots. The weather on the other hand was not cooperating at all. As soon as we got to the observation area the rain picked up. I was able to snap a few shots but nothing special.

So after being washed out we decided to head to my parents house in Port Colborne after lunch and I figured I'd snap some shots of my father's HO trains. Forgive me for not knowing the actual train models here and the dust. My father has them on a shelf in his office.

Views: 935
03-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice falls and a couple nice HO shots. I'll have to look up Balls Falls and have a quick look when we are in Burlington, Ont. next June
03-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
If you are coming down the QEW from Burlington/Hamilton towards Niagara, you get off at Victoria Ave (Vineland) and head south. The turn off for Balls Falls is just a short drive south after you crest the escarpment. It's probably a 40-45 min ride from Burlington.

Thank you for the good words on the photos.
03-07-2009, 11:20 PM   #4
Millionth Poster!

Nice shot of the falls, the weather certainly stunk today, my daughter and I were hiking to photograph a small creek and the heavens opened up on us. she got a kick out of hiking in the mud and rain. I will have to check that Falls out, never heard of it.

03-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Scottnorwo Quote
Nice shot of the falls, the weather certainly stunk today, my daughter and I were hiking to photograph a small creek and the heavens opened up on us. she got a kick out of hiking in the mud and rain. I will have to check that Falls out, never heard of it.
Whenever my parents used to take us up to Toronto or anywhere north of there, which was just about every year growing up, we'd drive past the turn off for Balls Falls on the way to Vineland. I've only been there maybe twice, but I have always known it to be there and it's not really that much of a hike to get there. Although you can hike down into the gorge as well. I don't think it would be that much of a drive for you from Stafford, NY.
03-08-2009, 06:08 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like the model train shots!