Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Adelaide Fringe Festival "That guy should put his TAMPAX in his camera bag" 5D user
Posted By: Adrian Owerko, 03-07-2009, 09:24 PM

Over heard a canon 5D user saying to his mate that I should put my TAMPAX back in my camera bag.. Low light fast moving objects PENTAX K10D can not do?

K10D & DA*50-135mm & af 540fgz flash
Exposure: (1/60)
Aperture: f/3.5
ISO 400

Last edited by Adrian Owerko; 03-07-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Views: 3,336
03-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Thats put him back in his place

cheers
03-07-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All very nice shots. Dunno why there have to be fanbois out there who have to dump on a product. Maybe they should put their money where their mouth is. I don't see why there should be any problem with the equipment you choose to use. To each his/her own.
03-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Great shots. Sharp and clear, would've liked to see the EXIF data but.

Did you tell him he should go buy a Nikon?

03-08-2009, 01:28 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Thank you for posting this series of images. I am seeing the performance live through your lens!
03-08-2009, 01:34 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I see you've stumbled on the reason why I've lost faith in Canon. I could tell you where to find a whole forum of them, but it would just be wasted time there.
03-08-2009, 01:52 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for all the nice comments... I think with the K10D it makes you think more! High clean ISO is good to have... But knowing how to use your flash is more important IMO.. In low light conditions.. You want to give your subjects a natural look, without washing out the ambient light.. Thanks To Chris W for the flash tips(:
03-08-2009, 03:38 AM   #8
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
Over heard a canon 5D user saying to his mate that I should put my TAMPAX back in my camera bag..
I hate snobby pricks, regardless of what equipment they use.

Great series of images. You really captured the moment well.

03-08-2009, 05:35 AM   #9
Inactive Account

I came across a similar situation at my part time job just the other night. Customer was in having some drinks, and a co-worker asked about the new tripod I picked up so the dude asks "what do you shoot?" I replied ( with confidence ) "I shoot Pentax". Guy kinda scoffs and says "I'll bet your little Pentax can't match my Xti"

My co-worker ( who just happened to be looking at my physical portfolio at the time ) simply leans over and hands it to this guy. After watching his eyes pop a few times, he says "You couldn't have shot these with Pentax, Pentax isn't THAT good"

I just chuckled, handed him a business card and walked away. Now, HERE's the kicker.... Friday morning I get an email :

" Hey there, I'm the guy you were talking cameras with the other night @ the alley. My wife and I would like some work done, when are you available"

SCORE 2 for Pentax
03-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Sadly he probably was using L lenses, and you just have your kits!
03-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maritimer Quote
SCORE 2 for Pentax
Score 2 for you, because you could have gotten the same pictures done with just about any DSLR. The camera always plays second fiddle to the photographer.
03-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
Veteran Member

I came across a similar situation at my part time job just the other night. Customer was in having some drinks, and a co-worker asked about the new tripod I picked up so the dude asks "what do you shoot?" I replied ( with confidence ) "I shoot Pentax". Guy kinda scoffs and says "I'll bet your little Pentax can't match my Xti"

My co-worker ( who just happened to be looking at my physical portfolio at the time ) simply leans over and hands it to this guy. After watching his eyes pop a few times, he says "You couldn't have shot these with Pentax, Pentax isn't THAT good"

I just chuckled, handed him a business card and walked away. Now, HERE's the kicker.... Friday morning I get an email :

" Hey there, I'm the guy you were talking cameras with the other night @ the alley. My wife and I would like some work done, when are you available"

SCORE 2 for Pentax
Charge him double, once for the work. and another time for his attitude.
03-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adrian Owerko Quote
Over heard a canon 5D user saying to his mate that I should put my TAMPAX back in my camera bag.. Low light fast moving objects PENTAX K10D can not do?
Well, the larger the sensor, the smaller the, uh...mind? He was obviously compensating for something.

Nice shots, and well done!
03-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well-named festival!
03-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #15
Veteran Member

SCORE 2 for Pentax
What a great story! Did you tell him you're booked solid for the next 12 months... at least!