Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1970 Convt Dodge Challenger R/T - 440 Magnum/sixpack
Posted By: Sailor, 03-08-2009, 11:41 AM

A good friend and professional colleague of mine (nice guy even if he is a physical chemist) owns some Mopar muscle cars, including this '70 Challenger R/T 440 with a 4-Spd - which he included in a local car show. Only 90 of these cars were built and only 60 of those had manual transmissions, so this is a rare bird indeed. Images are from K20D and either DA 35 or DA 21; note that the second shot has some pretty ugly artifacts - I don't know why, but I was too lazy to re-do it and included it in this series anyway.

At the time this car was built I was just transitioning from a Ford guy to a Chevy guy, so I don't know much about H.P., torque and other details of the challenger. I'll post some other more eclectic, detail shots from various cars at the show this evening or tomorrow.

Jer

Views: 3,969
03-08-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wow Jer that car is in mint condition. A few friends from HS had challengers , but not ragtops nor as nice as that one. Me I had to settle for a '63 Pontiac Laurentian - but it was mine
03-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Gorgeous car, and nice shots, Jer! Was this down in League City? I know they frequently have classic cars there near the old train depot.
03-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wonder how many of us had classic ragtops.

Just look at my avitar

03-08-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Wow Jer that car is in mint condition. A few friends from HS had challengers , but not ragtops nor as nice as that one. Me I had to settle for a '63 Pontiac Laurentian - but it was mine
I was lucky. My first car, when I was 17, was a brand new '65 Mustang (the first V-8 Mustang sold in the surrounding counties) - 289 4bbl, 4-spd; Palamino Gold with Saddle interior and a Rally Pack - including a tach! Heady stuff in those days.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by rfortson Quote
Gorgeous car, and nice shots, Jer! Was this down in League City? I know they frequently have classic cars there near the old train depot.
Russ, this show was in Brazoria, believe it or not. But the League City ones are good I've heard. I've also seen some nice cars in Kemah in Saturday Night casual shows that gather Wendy's and Chick-Fil-A (of all things) on 2094. Of course, there are a couple of shows on the Boardwalk during the year, as you may know.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote

Just look at my avitar
I love convertables. My folks and later my wife and I have owned a bunch of them over the years. My favorite is the one I own today, an '04 turbocharged Mazdaspeed MX-5 that I bought about 4 years ago.

Jer
03-09-2009, 02:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote

Just look at my avitar

Right after getting my first drivers license in 1968, I purchased a used, very good condition, 1961 Oldsmobile Starfire white convertible with a 394 cubic inch Skyrocket V8 engine with roughly 300 horsepower. The interior was also all white, including leather bucket seats, leather door panels, and white carpeting. The vehicle was equipped with power steering, power brakes, power drivers seat, power windows, power door locks, power convertible top, and a radio controlled by either dash knobs or floor controls for volume and channel scan.

I absolutely loved that car (because chicks loved that car) and spent a lot of time, and a small bit of money, restoring it to near mint condition. Roughly two years later, my mother loaned it to one of her female friends while I was out of town (Army basic training), who totaled it in an accident soon afterwards.

stewart
03-09-2009, 04:34 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stewart_photo Quote
Roughly two years later, my mother loaned it to one of her female friends while I was out of town (Army basic training), who totaled it in an accident soon afterwards.
So how many years in jail did you get for lynching the person who destroyed your beauty? he he

Pat