Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Niagara Falls and some
Posted By: madmikess, 03-08-2009, 01:15 PM

Was at the Skylon Tower in Niagara Falls for lunch today with my mom and my sisters. My mom had won a $150 gift card for the restaurant so we had to make reservations and go. Unfortunately the weather, although drier, was still not the best for the day but the pictures still turned out alright. We also took a ride to the Greenhouse by the falls for some flower pictures. I handed off my *istDL to the younger of my two sisters today so was helping her to learn a few things about SLRs and take some test shots. These pictures are all from my camera.

And if anyone has any idea what kind of tree this is, can you please pipe up and let me know.

If anyone is interested in seeing some of the other shots I took you can see them here.
Views: 2,097
03-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Simply incredible. I have yet seen Niagra looking like that!
03-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Simply incredible. I have yet seen Niagra looking like that!
Agreed! I've never seen Niagara falls looking like that. It's every bit as depressing as the Romanian landscape is in late winter.
03-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Well, the ice dam is nearly gone. Depending how cold it gets in the winter here there can be some serious ice below the falls. Before they started to regulate the flow of water over the falls and put out an ice boom at the mouth of the river by Buffalo and Fort Erie it used to be pretty bad. People would actually walk across the ice dam from one side to the other and it caused the destruction of the bridges that occupied the location of the current Rainbow bridge. Here's a website that shows the bridge being destroyed by the ice build up where the current bridge is located. Niagara Falls Postcards, Falls View Bridge Collapse