Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
First model shoot.. (NSFW)
Posted By: Usuqa, 03-10-2009, 04:10 AM

Hello again

I got chatting to this girl one day and when she found out i loved photography she eventually asked me if i would shoot her. I wasn't to sure about it as i had never done that kind of thing before and well.. i dont even have any light stands, softboxs or anything like that just an sigma 530 dg super and a ring flash adaptor and an extra tripod as my lighting kit atm lol.

Anyway she still wanted me to go and try (she loved my photos on Flicker so i went.. it was a nice experience and i had alot of fun.

Alone...

Thinking away...

comments and stuff are ofc welcome
Views: 2,228
03-10-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I like your b&w image..

I would have framed it differently.. right now I feel that I'm looking down on her. Maybe you wanted that effekt?

And you should try not to crop her body like that, her pose is somehow relaxing and would be better if you got here in the entire frame.

Sorry to say, but I'm not a fan of the seccond image.. you have this beautyfull girl, she has her hair done etc.. and the pose here don't show that in a good way.. But I guess you have several images of her

don't mean to be hard on you .
03-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thats ok

i have lernt alot from it not just by doing the shoot but also by looking at the photos once i got home. I know the top one would have been better with her whole body in the frame but that isnt something i can change now sadly.

The shooting location didnt have alot of room to move (the double bed took up most of it) so i had to use my sigma 24-60mm (the da* 50-135 was just WAY to long).

Anyway all comments good or bad are good, as this was/is a learning exsperence for me

I have seen some of your work before and am VERY impressed.. wich makes me thank you even more for taking the time to comment on mine
03-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

just happy to do so..

tight room should not be a problem, just think of creative poses and framing .
Move the bed to the was next time, and I guess if you ask.. she will do it again.

03-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
ohh she wants another shoot so i get to try do better next time ....

i think both of us were just kinda unsure what to do at first, i meen that was also the first time we had met to.. and it did feel strange but we soon started to feel more comfortable around each other.

Im not that used to using my flash that much, i tried (unless i was bouncing the flash) to keep the ring flash adaptor attached to give me a larger light area instead of just the flash itself.

I really need to get myself another flash i think, and some softboxs/umbrellas as it would give me more options but i also guess more things to learn hehe.
03-10-2009, 03:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Lucky you, wish I had girls begging me to shoot with them...

First one is great. I would play with the lighting on the second. The pose isn't that bad, but thhe lighting looks flat. See if you can get the light to come from a different angle.
03-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

very good shots first one has great mood for me

03-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #8
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
first of all, I like the B&W shot...
second, well I've heard many stories but that photog would get chatted up by girl like this... shouldn't it be the other way round? or am I just too old fashioned

BR
03-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i agree that the second image could have done with the flash moved a bit for a less flat lighting, and if i was to spend time PPing the image (like removing the window on it like i did for the B/W one) i could probably make the image look alot better but its hardly had any post done to it at all unlike the first image.

as for the girl.. i met her online, chatted on msn for a while and then met up with her to do some shooting. She has posted some more revealing pictures onto FHM high street honeys under the name sexikatie.
They were just some sample imgs i gave her (was going to let her pic a few she liked for me to spend time PPing them) that she put on there.. i didnt mind im just glad that she enjoyed the shoot as much as me
03-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Pretty good job for your first time out.

One thing you could try that I've had a lot of luck with... If you are in a small room with white walls, put your back close to a wall and shoot with your flash pointing behind you. The wall will act like a HUGE bouncecard and you'll get much softer light than you did in your second picture.