Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Two Infrared
Posted By: xs400, 03-10-2009, 11:09 PM

These pics are actually from a couple of years ago. I used to be interested in IR photography but I was never very happy with my results. I used to use PS CS2 to post process the images and was never very good at the post processing. I have recently started to use Lightroom and went back to play with some of my old IR images. I am much happier with using Lightroom for the post processing. Here are two of them I got using the K100D, kit 18-55mm, and an R72 IR filter.

Last edited by xs400; 01-08-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Views: 1,778
03-11-2009, 03:52 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Frank I am not sure what they looked like before but I do like these - #1 is just a great scene.
03-11-2009, 05:54 AM   #3
JMR
Veteran Member

A find the first image a little busy. I like the second because of the contrast and the way the vertical trees unify the horizontals and the whole image. My take on BW and infrared, is that it is more difficult then the ease with which we can do digital photography. The BW photographers of yesteryear were masters and could add and subtract filters knowing how this would effect the outcome of the final image. Few photographers study this medium that seriously any more. Today, most of us just do conversions. So I agree, it is not as easy as it seems.

JMR
03-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
A find the first image a little busy. I like the second because of the contrast and the way the vertical trees unify the horizontals and the whole image. My take on BW and infrared, is that it is more difficult then the ease with which we can do digital photography. The BW photographers of yesteryear were masters and could add and subtract filters knowing how this would effect the outcome of the final image. Few photographers study this medium that seriously any more. Today, most of us just do conversions. So I agree, it is not as easy as it seems.

JMR
Thanks for your comments. I have to admit, I have a long way to go with IR photography. I am currently taking a photography class and I am getting a better understanding of what to look for when taking a photo. I look bad at what I was doing a couple of years ago and can see how I can improve my photography. One thing is to not make my shots too busy. I am going to try again at IR and hopefully get some good shots. It helps that I now have a better idea of the post processing.

03-11-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I don't understand much from IR photography, but I like these, the first one especially!
03-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I really like the Wa Fu style architecture in the first shot. Lovely conversion to infra red there