Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
what is this image artifact
Posted By: eyou, 03-11-2009, 09:05 AM

i liked this picture, but when i was examining it closer there are some weird artifacts that i noticed. what are they? if you look through the door at the man walking outside, theres a white blur over his head and another white blur on hte black box in that stack of boxes to the right of the shot. in the pink flowers to the left theres another pink blur. any ideas?

also how do you find the image address for picasaweb so you can use the [img]? I tried using copy link location but i feel its a temporary link and not static like flickr or photobucket.

Last edited by eyou; 03-11-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Views: 1,666
03-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

i show a shutter speed of 1/15s, which gives plenty of time for something to move, something that you may not have had your eyes on...

as for picasa, right click on the picture and choose copy the address, then paste it in [img] tags in here, but before you submit, you should see a s912 in the url, change it to s800
03-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #3

I think you have discovered some kind of UFOs...J/K...Is there something hanging from the ceiling? Like one of those airplane that hang from the ceiling and moves around...On the other hand they look to be too low, it would've hit someone ...One more explanation, Casper?
03-11-2009, 11:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eclipsed450 Quote
i show a shutter speed of 1/15s, which gives plenty of time for something to move, something that you may not have had your eyes on...

as for picasa, right click on the picture and choose copy the address, then paste it in [img] tags in here, but before you submit, you should see a s912 in the url, change it to s800
thanks for the picasa tip it is really frustrating me. i just looked at the link, theres no s912?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cezzNaxZSC8/SaN9JO91PmI/AAAAAAAABIk/PsoEeMIzbTI/200901...%20AL%20II.jpg

when i try posting with this url the img tags work for 5 min then say "this url is not specified"

this is a test img.

I thought your explanation was pretty sound except for a few things. the man in the picture is caught mid action throwing the fish (hes not just lifting weights). his arms are blurred from this movement but not greatly so. so those blurs would have be moving pretty fast and i think i would have noticed (those objects seem to be like baseball sized. maybe im just oblivious)

also notice the pink blur, it seems to be originating from the flower. the petal lines extend into the blur. I thought maybe it was i was zooming while taking the picture but only those parts of the picture are blurred. im gonna do a 100% crop when i get home later tonite. its weirding me out. maybe it is ectoplasm....

Last edited by eyou; 03-11-2009 at 12:08 PM.
03-11-2009, 12:18 PM   #5
Veteran Member

If you take a look ontop of each blurred object you will see a white cylindrical device with blue line hanging from ceiling. Looks something like a fan. Im not 100% sure but it also seems that they are hanging over the fish boxes, so not where someone might walk into and hit them.

This could be some sort of device to catch flyes, where sticky paper is attached to them and rotated over the fish.
03-11-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Yeah - I agree, I'm pretty sure it's just a ceiling fan caught in blurry motion.

No artifact here - just the real world in motion.
03-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eyou Quote
thanks for the picasa tip it is really frustrating me. i just looked at the link, theres no s912?

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cezzNaxZSC8/SaN9JO91PmI/AAAAAAAABIk/PsoEeMIzbTI/200901...%20AL%20II.jpg
i entered s800/ right before the image name:
Code:
http://lh5.ggpht.com/_cezzNaxZSC8/SaN9JO91PmI/AAAAAAAABIk/PsoEeMIzbTI/s800/20090116-0458-smc%20PENTAX-DA%2018-55mm%20F3.5-5.6%20AL%20II.jpg
and got this:

i don't know why it works, but it does....something i found out within the last week...
03-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ytterbium Quote
If you take a look ontop of each blurred object you will see a white cylindrical device with blue line hanging from ceiling. Looks something like a fan. Im not 100% sure but it also seems that they are hanging over the fish boxes, so not where someone might walk into and hit them.

This could be some sort of device to catch flyes, where sticky paper is attached to them and rotated over the fish.
its some sort of device. i can see the wires but nothing is connected to that blue hanging object and those blurs. i made a 100% crop. it almost looks like its spitting out smoke. not the best image quality... ahem....

p.s. adding the /s800/ worked.

edit: if you look really close you can see the outline of a string or something connecting it to each other.

Last edited by eyou; 03-11-2009 at 02:57 PM.