Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Detail Dump [9 IMG]
Posted By: Sailor, 03-12-2009, 10:48 AM

Primarily detail shots from last week's local car show. All were taken with K20D and DA 35 or DA 21. Sorry for the long post - us retirees have a lot of time on our hands.

Jer

Highly desired, split window Vette:

Suicide door:

Chevy truck hood:

Green rat block?

Amabassador fender ornament:

Merc hood:

Ford hood ornament:

Texan's definition of "high class":

Views: 3,587
03-12-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Jer, these images are very beautifull! I don't feel too much affection for cars, but the colours of these old-timers, combined with the overwhelming chrome make me love them! Thanks, in a strange way they make me happy....!
03-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cool shots for a retired man! I can only dream to have a cars like that! Well done. JIM
03-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks for such a lovely series. I have done a similar series but yet processed any of these shots. Good composition skill there.

03-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice series, enjoyed it a lot
thanks for sharing it
03-12-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Uh....hate to say this, but those aren't old to me (hs class of '61). I can see that you have rapidly assimilated into the "retiree" mode. Does your wife make you shave at least 1 day a week?
03-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Heck you seem to finding constructive ways to spend your time excellent. A good series I like the all the ornaments - back in the day we calle'd em sites

Love the wheels on the Texas Truck

03-12-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Jer, these images are very beautifull! I don't feel too much affection for cars, but the colours of these old-timers, combined with the overwhelming chrome make me love them! Thanks, in a strange way they make me happy....!
I'm always glad to make you happy, Rense. Thanks for the very kind words.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Cool shots for a retired man! I can only dream to have a cars like that! Well done. JIM
Thanks, buddy. Or did you mean, "retiring shots for a cool man"?

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Thanks for such a lovely series. I have done a similar series but yet processed any of these shots. Good composition skill there.
I always appreciate your comments, James. I can't wait to see your series; I love cars, and among the things I've enjoyed participating in the forum are the Aussie car shows - fascinating due both the differences and similarities with ours.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
nice series, enjoyed it a lot
thanks for sharing it
Thanks, Peter.

Jer
03-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cardinal43 Quote
Uh....hate to say this, but those aren't old to me (hs class of '61). I can see that you have rapidly assimilated into the "retiree" mode. Does your wife make you shave at least 1 day a week?
I'm not far behind you (HS class of '64); most of these cars were "before my time", but I love to look at them. I really get going when shows feature more cars from the late '50's and '60's - models that intersected with my teen years and indeed were cars I owned.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Heck you seem to finding constructive ways to spend your time excellent. A good series I like the all the ornaments - back in the day we calle'd em sites

Love the wheels on the Texas Truck
Thanks, Dave. I could drive my Mazdaspeed right under that truck.

Jer