Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Crocusses around the world ;)
Posted By: Rense, 03-13-2009, 04:16 AM

Well, around the world.... I bought me a Zenitar 16mm fisheye, and it arrived in the mail yesterday (see also my Man at work thread). These are some of the first photos I made with it. The title of the thread refers to the first one, for those of you whom it wasn't obvious by now (I think the chance this sentence is not English at all is about 100%....).

#4: yes, no crocus, I know

Last edited by Rense; 03-13-2009 at 04:54 AM.
Views: 1,386
03-13-2009, 04:23 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I can't see any images mate..
03-13-2009, 04:43 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Nope, neather do I, I'll try to fix it!

EDIT: it works for me now.....

Last edited by Rense; 03-13-2009 at 04:55 AM.
03-13-2009, 06:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Works for me now Resne - nice series - the fisheye is one of my favorites lens - you are gonna love it. Offers a unique presepctive on almost everyhting.

03-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Hey Dave, changed avatar again? Thanks, I like it right now allready. I think I can use it for my working man project too quite often.....
03-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I like #2, the colors are great.
03-13-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Great initial pictures from the Zenitar. I think that you will find that it is a very rewarding piece of glass and well worth shooting with. For a real treat mount it on a 35mm film camera and shoot a fishy roll of film!

I had to play with mine for a few days before I got results that I was pleased with. I just needed to be patient and learn to work with the lens. If you get a chance, you might want to check the infinity focus with a split image finder. My focus was several degrees shy of infinity, but was quite easy to fix. I was wondering why my landscapes looked a little soft!

Steve

03-14-2009, 01:54 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 7.62lew Quote
I like #2, the colors are great.
Thank you! I pushed them a little, because the colours came out a bit washed out, due to the sun comming from the right.....

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Great initial pictures from the Zenitar. I think that you will find that it is a very rewarding piece of glass and well worth shooting with. For a real treat mount it on a 35mm film camera and shoot a fishy roll of film!

I had to play with mine for a few days before I got results that I was pleased with. I just needed to be patient and learn to work with the lens. If you get a chance, you might want to check the infinity focus with a split image finder. My focus was several degrees shy of infinity, but was quite easy to fix. I was wondering why my landscapes looked a little soft!

Steve
Steve, thank you! A day before this lens came, I got a ME super which I disassembled. I cut the image finder in the right format and put it in my K20. It works fine (exept for the spot metering of course). So, I will check the infinity focus soon, and thanks for the suggestion!
03-15-2009, 02:40 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Very nice, love the everything in focus approach, hope to seen crocuses here too after a while!
03-15-2009, 05:54 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
Very nice, love the everything in focus approach, hope to seen crocuses here too after a while!
Georg, thanks! The low perspective ones are made without really looking through the viewfinder: just estimate the distance, shut the aperture quite a bit, place the camera on the ground and fire.....