Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Mexican Hat Dance
Posted By: daacon, 03-13-2009, 11:59 AM

I have enough pictures from Mexico to post for the next year Out for supper one night and all of a sudden music and dancing just for our table (we had a large crowd) - The music was very festive and these two really worked up a sweat.

These guys were not affilaiated with the resturant and I think just worked for tips. Good times.

Click on image for larger view

Once they were finished and we gave them a generous propina (by Mexican standards anyway) more pictures ! My wife was taller than the lead male dancer and me well I was still on my 2 week perma grin

Views: 4,683
03-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shots, Dave, of spontaneous action. This is the sort of thing that makes travel fun!

You meld right into the dance troupe - I'm surprised you didn't take a job with 'em.

Have fun.

Jer
03-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Dave, I want to go to a party with you! Love the hat shot on the last photo. I went to Mexico a few years ago and got into a drinking contest with some locals. Canada won! One of the guys with us was 7' foot 6" which was interesting in itself considering the average Mexican is 5' 6". JIM
03-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #4

Dave,
Nice shots. Shake reduction had to be a BIG help after a few of those big Margaritas!

03-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #5
JMR
Veteran Member

Hey Dave, I think that second shot is great. Who is the tall guy that they won't allow to dance around the hats!

JMR

Last edited by JMR; 03-15-2009 at 01:46 PM.
03-13-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Dave it seems that with your hat on its a bit of a safety hazard,your tall and the buildings are well small, good times had by all round

cheers
03-13-2009, 07:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Dave have you got one with you in ACTION
03-13-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great shots, Dave, of spontaneous action. This is the sort of thing that makes travel fun!
You meld right into the dance troupe - I'm surprised you didn't take a job with 'em.
Have fun.
Jer
Thanks Jer - I have been thinking awfully hard about taking a job down there. Basically I can work from almost anywhere - if we did not have a daugher in University ..... ummmm soon perhaps (although Dancing may not be my gig )

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Dave, I want to go to a party with you! Love the hat shot on the last photo. I went to Mexico a few years ago and got into a drinking contest with some locals. Canada won! One of the guys with us was 7' foot 6" which was interesting in itself considering the average Mexican is 5' 6". JIM
Thanks Jimbo anytime (we go to Vernon every July long weekend for the Funtastic ball torunament perhpas then ) - it was a great time indeed. I mean why travel all that way and have a bad attidude ? I can image Canada won !!! 7'6" Wow that is huge I am not sure he would have fit in this resturant!

QuoteOriginally posted by 9thumbs Quote
Dave,
Nice shots. Shake reduction had to be a BIG help after a few of those big Margaritas!
Thansk 9thumbs - shake reduction was a god send believe me

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Hery Dave, I think that second shot is great. Who is the tall guy that they won't allow to dance around the hats!
JMR
Thanks JMR - haha me and dancing do not usaully get along that well. Think Elaine from Seinfeld

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Dave it seems that with your hat on its a bit of a safety hazard,your tall and the buildings are well small, good times had by all round
cheers
Thansk cupic - yeah I am tall with a bunch of 5 footers. 6'2" so just on the cusp of tall but in Mexico I am a giant!

QuoteOriginally posted by Taff Quote
Dave have you got one with you in ACTION
haah Taff see comments above I would have destroyed the hat - knocked over the girl and well most sinfull of all spilled my dirnk(s) !

03-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Great series Dave, looks as if it was a fun place to be, thanks for sharing.
03-14-2009, 05:29 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Iced appreacite the comments.
03-15-2009, 02:43 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Great, Dave! Your shots sure show that you have had a great time on your holiday!
03-15-2009, 07:20 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Georg - one of the best for sure.
03-15-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Dave, this is very cool! I like traditional stuff like this one.

Thanks for posting these pictures from your journey!
03-15-2009, 05:40 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks James it was a great time for sure.
03-15-2009, 05:58 PM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Thanks Jimbo anytime (we go to Vernon every July long weekend for the Funtastic ball torunament perhpas then ) - it was a great time indeed. I mean why travel all that way and have a bad attidude ? I can image Canada won !!! 7'6" Wow that is huge I am not sure he would have fit in this resturant
I go to Vernon once a month for work. I may take you up on getting together. Your right, 7 6" is one big guy and he probably got his picture taken 50 times by locals. Everyone want to be in the picture with the Big guy! JIM