Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
  #1
Some Pics from North Carolina, USA
Posted By: 7.62lew, 03-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Flickr: 7.62lew's Photostream

I did a little hiking last week and also a few from the yard. Starting to look like spring here

Thanks for looking




















Views: 1,045
03-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
JMR
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 3,335
These aren't bad; and I do detect some wistful enthusiasm for the onset of spring. It comes out in your images. Try to simplify like you did in the 3rd and 4th images. These make simple but effective statements. You really should crop the 4th image, it is very beautiful and striking, especially if you can take out the bottom white circles.

JMR
03-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
dadipentak's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 10,479
Oh, man--that's a feast for sore eyes! You've nicely captured a very distinct point between seasons. You're about 2 weeks ahead of us here in MD, I'd guess--I'm so ready!

But first of course, there's basketball ;~)
03-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
daacon's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta,Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 20,831
As I look out over my yard and see a sea of white (melting today anyway) I long for spirng. I really enjoyed this series. The close ups / macros are spot on and I love the trees. Very well done.

03-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member
iced's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Southwest Ga.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 309
Great series, I especially like the flowers they seem so small and fragile, well done thanks for sharing.
03-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member
skinja's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Denver, Co
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 954
I second that.

I agree, really like the series. Drop the two white dots and it improves that picture alot.

John

QuoteOriginally posted by iced Quote
Great series, I especially like the flowers they seem so small and fragile, well done thanks for sharing.
03-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 389
Great shots! I especially like all the ones of little flowers starting to bloom.

I was just in Raleigh last week. Of the little that I got to see, North Carolina seemed like quite a beautiful state.
03-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 522
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
These aren't bad; and I do detect some wistful enthusiasm for the onset of spring. It comes out in your images. Try to simplify like you did in the 3rd and 4th images. These make simple but effective statements. You really should crop the 4th image, it is very beautiful and striking, especially if you can take out the bottom white circles.

JMR
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Oh, man--that's a feast for sore eyes! You've nicely captured a very distinct point between seasons. You're about 2 weeks ahead of us here in MD, I'd guess--I'm so ready!

But first of course, there's basketball ;~)
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
As I look out over my yard and see a sea of white (melting today anyway) I long for spirng. I really enjoyed this series. The close ups / macros are spot on and I love the trees. Very well done.
QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
I agree, really like the series. Drop the two white dots and it improves that picture alot.

John
Thanks for the input. I think I do have spring fever. Here is another attempt for the 4th image with the "white spots" cropped out.

Thanks for looking!



03-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: North Carolina
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 522
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iced Quote
Great series, I especially like the flowers they seem so small and fragile, well done thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I want to try getting some of the small flowers from the side instead of looking straight down, but I will need to let it dry up a little. Some of the flowers are really small and were cropped at close to 100%. One day I will get a real macro lens

QuoteOriginally posted by igowerf Quote
Great shots! I especially like all the ones of little flowers starting to bloom.

I was just in Raleigh last week. Of the little that I got to see, North Carolina seemed like quite a beautiful state.
Thanks! It is a beautiful state, lots of things to see. I saw your pictures of Lake Johnson, in Raleigh, on your flickr photo stream (linked from your DC NYC post, nice photos by the way).

CA is nice too. I went to Sequoia National Forest once, it was really kind of unbelievable.

Have a good one.
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #10
Veteran Member
skinja's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Denver, Co
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 954
I like that better, it's less distracting.

Look forward to seeing more.

John
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi You All...From North Carolina, USA PentX Girl Welcomes and Introductions 16 11-08-2009 09:17 AM
Old Building, Erwin North Carolina, USA 7.62lew Post Your Photos! 4 06-14-2009 08:14 AM
Wings Over Wayne Airshow, North Carolina USA 7.62lew Post Your Photos! 5 04-27-2009 11:31 PM
Delurked and set up (North Carolina, USA) Argenticien Welcomes and Introductions 5 02-05-2009 03:31 AM
North Carolina USA 7.62lew Post Your Photos! 8 11-11-2008 10:25 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:55 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top