Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Some Pics from North Carolina, USA
Posted By: 7.62lew, 03-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Flickr: 7.62lew's Photostream

I did a little hiking last week and also a few from the yard. Starting to look like spring here

Thanks for looking

Views: 1,045
03-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
JMR
Veteran Member

These aren't bad; and I do detect some wistful enthusiasm for the onset of spring. It comes out in your images. Try to simplify like you did in the 3rd and 4th images. These make simple but effective statements. You really should crop the 4th image, it is very beautiful and striking, especially if you can take out the bottom white circles.

JMR
03-13-2009, 05:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Oh, man--that's a feast for sore eyes! You've nicely captured a very distinct point between seasons. You're about 2 weeks ahead of us here in MD, I'd guess--I'm so ready!

But first of course, there's basketball ;~)
03-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As I look out over my yard and see a sea of white (melting today anyway) I long for spirng. I really enjoyed this series. The close ups / macros are spot on and I love the trees. Very well done.

03-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Great series, I especially like the flowers they seem so small and fragile, well done thanks for sharing.
03-14-2009, 12:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I second that.

I agree, really like the series. Drop the two white dots and it improves that picture alot.

John

QuoteOriginally posted by iced Quote
Great series, I especially like the flowers they seem so small and fragile, well done thanks for sharing.
03-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great shots! I especially like all the ones of little flowers starting to bloom.

I was just in Raleigh last week. Of the little that I got to see, North Carolina seemed like quite a beautiful state.
03-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
These aren't bad; and I do detect some wistful enthusiasm for the onset of spring. It comes out in your images. Try to simplify like you did in the 3rd and 4th images. These make simple but effective statements. You really should crop the 4th image, it is very beautiful and striking, especially if you can take out the bottom white circles.

JMR
QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Oh, man--that's a feast for sore eyes! You've nicely captured a very distinct point between seasons. You're about 2 weeks ahead of us here in MD, I'd guess--I'm so ready!

But first of course, there's basketball ;~)
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
As I look out over my yard and see a sea of white (melting today anyway) I long for spirng. I really enjoyed this series. The close ups / macros are spot on and I love the trees. Very well done.
QuoteOriginally posted by skinja Quote
I agree, really like the series. Drop the two white dots and it improves that picture alot.

John
Thanks for the input. I think I do have spring fever. Here is another attempt for the 4th image with the "white spots" cropped out.

Thanks for looking!

03-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iced Quote
Thanks! I want to try getting some of the small flowers from the side instead of looking straight down, but I will need to let it dry up a little. Some of the flowers are really small and were cropped at close to 100%. One day I will get a real macro lens

QuoteOriginally posted by igowerf Quote
Great shots! I especially like all the ones of little flowers starting to bloom.

I was just in Raleigh last week. Of the little that I got to see, North Carolina seemed like quite a beautiful state.
Thanks! It is a beautiful state, lots of things to see. I saw your pictures of Lake Johnson, in Raleigh, on your flickr photo stream (linked from your DC NYC post, nice photos by the way).

CA is nice too. I went to Sequoia National Forest once, it was really kind of unbelievable.

Have a good one.
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like that better, it's less distracting.

Look forward to seeing more.

John