Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Celebrate the Irish (lots of pics)
Posted By: madmikess, 03-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Some pictures from the 15th Annual Old Neighborhood St Patrick's Day Parade in South Buffalo today. It was pretty sunny today and I did my best. I kinda overcompensated for the camera's underexposing tendencies and a lot of the pictures got a little overexposed. I adjusted them as best I could and I think that they turned out alright. All pictures taken with K20D and Sigma 24-135mm.

Most of the Irish Dance groups just wore sweats to stay warm as it was a little cold today, but Rince Na Tiarna actually wore costumes.

What parade would be complete without the Shriners and their little cars

And your bagpipe and drums:

Aren't you a little big for a leprechaun?

Even St Pat made an appearance:

If you want to view more, you can check out my gallery here: Buffalo First Ward St Patrick's Day Parade 2009
Views: 1,359
03-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by madmikess Quote
holy crap, that's A LOT of curly hair!!!

some good pics there, thx for sharing
03-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Looks like folks had a lot of fun, nice colourful shots.
Douglas Film
03-14-2009, 08:43 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eclipsed450 Quote
holy crap, that's A LOT of curly hair!!!

some good pics there, thx for sharing
Most if not all those girls actually wear wigs. The curly hair is an irish step dancing tradition along with the costumes and these girls were the only ones who actually were wearing costumes, considering how cold it was.

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas Film:
Looks like folks had a lot of fun, nice colourful shots.
Douglas Film
A majority of the folks walking the parade were also drinking some alcohol as well so I would say yes, they were having a good time.

The big parade is on Sunday and it looks like my kids want to go see that one as well so look forward to more pictures. Hopefully I can get some better exposure on those.

03-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I didn't post this one up originally, it is part of my gallery. I thought it was funny and I have to post it now if you haven't seen my gallery, I definitely need one of these:

03-15-2009, 05:14 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I love this series! So nice to see a joyful celebration of ones inheritance!
03-15-2009, 06:57 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Aie the Irish are a jovial bunch - nice series I love the Cooler Scooters what a great idea !
03-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Such a busy and bustling series of images!

03-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Such a busy and bustling series of images!
That's nothing compared to the bigger Parade today in the city of Buffalo. I will post some pictures from that later. It was a little harder to get good pictures with all the people around, but I think I got a few good ones.
03-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
And here we are, a few from today's festivities... Not as many as yesterday, even though this was a larger parade, it was also much busier with crowds which made it harder to get pictures so I had to be a little more selective.

First, a view of the crowd from our end of Delaware Ave where the parade ended towards City Hall (You can see it sticking up above the building on the right). Don't know what kind of crowd we had today, but from all estimates it was a record, seeing as it was probably at least 60F and sunny as opposed to the usual snow and rain that happens most times.

Plenty of Irish Dancers.

How did Llamas get into a St Patrick's Day Parade???

And St Patrick blesses you all and walks off with his little people.