Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Art Walk Love.
Posted By: vievetrick, 03-14-2009, 07:49 PM

Curious what does everyone think about this conversion and use of selective colors? The women in the chair is playing a guitar and the two kids were dancing away. It was during the Artwalk here in Easthampton Art Walk Easthampton -- Second Saturday each Month a monthly city wide art show.

I colored the kids and the sign as I usually send a few shots to the folks that organize the event. I like it but curious what others think. I know that most are not fond of this but for those they do like it what do you think?

Views: 1,311
03-14-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, I'm not overly fond of most selective color and mostly for the same reason as I have become bored with most HDR - it's done too much.

The reason it's not working for me in this shot though is because my eyes are drawn to the guitar lady and not the dancing couple. The kids are totally into each other but the guitar lady is lookin' at something and my brain wants to know what's got her interest. So even though they are an attractive couple, obviously in love - guitar lady is the more intriguing subject in the frame.
03-15-2009, 03:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I'm with Jim in that I find the guitar lady more interesting.
I do like the yellow "Art Walk" banner sort of stuck in almost like an afterthought.
I might crop off some of the left side, as well.
03-15-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Last try. I guess I should explain about the signs. I left them orginally in for the folks that put together the Art Walk and everyone was correct in they should come out. This is last try for now, but did some cropping and desaturation as suggested for fun. It was really a quick grab shot as we got in the car to leave and having to do over I would have moved to a different angle.

thanks and thought on this are apreciated as well.

03-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I liek them Pat - it's a good shot and good PP - must be eaiser now that you are int he running the 'Biggest Looser" (hell you got my % beat don't vote me out!!) - Others will wondder wtf I am tlking about s'ok adds to my Crazy Canuck demeanor.
03-15-2009, 07:09 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Colours aside this is a great shot! If I had to choose, I'd pick the second one!
03-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Second one foresure for all the same reasons already mentioned. JIM