Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Shots today 9 Pics (Birds in a park + macros)
Posted By: roentarre, 04-08-2007, 05:46 AM

I did not quite expect a bad flu which I must have picked up from the plane. The whole easter is all about having frequent snaps...

Today I felt a bit better and decided to get some sun. I brought along my A*300 for some fun shots today which makes me even more exhausting...

Here are some shots to share. C&C welcomed

A*300 with 1.7X tele

1/200s f/5.6 at 500.0mm iso400 full exif

Then some Macros

Cheers
Views: 1,927
04-08-2007, 05:54 AM   #2

i really like the first macro shot. i'm scared a little
04-08-2007, 06:11 AM   #3
racinsince55

I generally don't like pictures of Snakes. However, your macro shots are terrific.

Great captures of the Birds too.
04-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You know, I never thought I would say this, but that's a cute spider Great shots as always, James! You really teach me quite a few things through your photos.

Get well soon.

04-08-2007, 11:59 AM   #5
Forum Member

the first one of the snake is just great!!
04-08-2007, 04:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice shots, love the colors! Snake's eye - my personal favorite.

Regards,
D
04-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Yup, the snake's eye is a very nice picture, if a bit scary. Haha. Great set all in all!
04-08-2007, 07:08 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Nice snake!

Glad you're feeling better, James.

Still waiting for a close-up of the poisonous species that lurks along some of your hiking trails!

04-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Nice James, esp the birds - and no sign of PF! (nice lens)
04-09-2007, 03:31 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Nice shots, love the colors! Snake's eye - my personal favorite.
It was actually not my intention to photograph its eyes. The eyes opened while I was trying to manual focus on its eyes. That eyes looked so green like from the other world. So I photographed it. The problem was that it was very dark at the time. Believe it or not - the shot was taken with ISO 1600!

QuoteOriginally posted by Jana Quote
the first one of the snake is just great!!
My friend's license expired for these snakes but he still continued to keep them. Great way to do some macros

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
You know, I never thought I would say this, but that's a cute spider
Get well soon.
Thanks Alvin. The spider was actually on my windscreen while I was trying to car clean the window at petrol station. Pity that most shots were out of focus. That was the only reasonable one ouf of all the shots.

QuoteOriginally posted by racinsince55 Quote
I generally don't like pictures of Snakes. However, your macro shots are terrific.

Great captures of the Birds too.
Love the markings of the eyeballs almost like some sort of rocks - a mixture of Jade and Granite...

QuoteOriginally posted by lukastrika Quote
i really like the first macro shot. i'm scared a little
Thanks Lukas.

I doubt you would be scared though. You might have bbq the snakes if you ever saw them in the wild like the last time you had a BBQ trip.
04-09-2007, 03:38 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vinzer Quote
Yup, the snake's eye is a very nice picture, if a bit scary. Haha. Great set all in all!
Thanks Vinzer. BTW I knew there are millions and millions of rare and beautiful birds in Philipines and do you know a great birding spot in Manila to suggest to me? That is really a heaven for wildlife! And I saw a recent Japanese expedition going to a small Island off Philipines. The island is called snake island where there are thousands of snakes everywhere the adventurers went. The whole beach was covered in snakes even in broad day light. The ocean was full of sea snakes as well. Pretty an amazing sight!

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
Glad you're feeling better, James.

Still waiting for a close-up of the poisonous species that lurks along some of your hiking trails!
Well, Tom. If I ever caught that kind of image, I doubted I would ever have a chance to post the pictures here.

There had been 16 snake bites in my state this summer; most of the culprits were brown snakes. Yeah, not only ugly but also very dangerous. The biting method is in fact backing away from the people initially, following by a back leaping onto the onlookers with an incredible speed. Two bites: one with an initial piercing into the skin and the 2nd going into deep tissue with injection of venom. Born to kill!

QuoteOriginally posted by jthommo Quote
Nice James, esp the birds - and no sign of PF! (nice lens)
Thanks Thommo. It is a heavy lens but I did the shots in my local park. So it was reasonably ok
04-10-2007, 10:31 AM   #12
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
I did not quite expect a bad flu which I must have picked up from the plane. The whole easter is all about having frequent snaps...

Today I felt a bit better and decided to get some sun. I brought along my A*300 for some fun shots today which makes me even more exhausting...

Here are some shots to share. C&C welcomedThen some Macros

Cheers
And, a POTD to boot.

Congratulations. Great photo!
04-10-2007, 11:26 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Wow, that first snake shot is captivating! Excellent composition and beautiful colour rendition.
04-10-2007, 01:17 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
It was actually not my intention to photograph its eyes. The eyes opened while I was trying to manual focus on its eyes. That eyes looked so green like from the other world. So I photographed it. The problem was that it was very dark at the time. Believe it or not - the shot was taken with ISO 1600!
Now I look at this images on the large monitor - that shot is simply stunning!!! 1600 - hmmm, too much noise I think (NOT)

Regards,
D