Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Spring Bird Images
Posted By: SCGushue, 04-08-2007, 09:32 AM

PLEASE SEE BELOW POST.....THANKS

The weather is terrible here and there is little life or color to be seen. But I made myself go out and photograph something. So, I decided to do some birds...which I have never done before and this was pretty much my haul from yesterday. Too cold!

I'm working on getting these images here

Stephen
www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/photo-1809.html
www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/photo-1808.html
www.pentaxforums.com/gallery/photo-1807.html

Last edited by SCGushue; 04-08-2007 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Adding images
Views: 1,817
04-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Okay,

For some reason the above post will not take the links. So here are the images which should have been in the above post. Sorry for wasting time

Thanks, Stephen

Last edited by SCGushue; 04-08-2007 at 11:39 AM.
04-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scg Quote
I am linking these images to the USER gallery where I uploaded them this morning. The links look fine and appear wrapped properly but they don't show up on my post. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

In a worst case scenario how do I erase this thread so I don't waste peoples time?

Thanks, Stephen
You want to do this?

First browse to your picture, right click it then check the properties. You should see the link to the picture. Copy the Address in the properties window, then paste it in between the img tags as shown below.

Hope this screen caps below will help.

EDIT: BTW Nice pictures!
Attached Images

04-08-2007, 11:29 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Alvin,

Thank you very much. I appreciate your taking the time to map it out.

But, what you are showing me appears to be what I have been doing, but, I just keep getting the "X" in the image box. I'll keep working on it.

Alvin: FOLLOWUP,

I could not get it to link with the original post so I tried it in my followup and it seemed to work fine. Weird how things function sometimes

Stephen

Last edited by SCGushue; 04-08-2007 at 11:38 AM.
04-08-2007, 03:49 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I envy you for seeing quite many birds over there now.

Nice shots!
04-08-2007, 07:17 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Good shots.

That's about as open as I've seen a catbird. They're on my list of gotta-gets for this season, but they haven't returned here yet.
04-08-2007, 08:21 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
That's about as open as I've seen a catbird. They're on my list of gotta-gets for this season, but they haven't returned here yet.
Tom,

You are right. Usually, you just hear them mewing in the thicket or just sitting on the edge...ready to disappear into the green. But, where was he going to hide here. If it isn't a pine or hemlock it isn't green around here . I think that life is going to get pretty rough on these migratory birds if this month long delay of Spring does not turn around soon. We have been 20F below average for most of the past month with snow every day for the past 6 days.

Last edited by SCGushue; 04-09-2007 at 09:16 AM. Reason: remove image
04-08-2007, 09:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scg Quote
Alvin,

Thank you very much. I appreciate your taking the time to map it out.

But, what you are showing me appears to be what I have been doing, but, I just keep getting the "X" in the image box. I'll keep working on it.

Alvin: FOLLOWUP,

I could not get it to link with the original post so I tried it in my followup and it seemed to work fine. Weird how things function sometimes

Stephen
Anytime I can help Just found it weird that it didn't want to work in any subsequent post. What I would watch out for is that you have img and /img
with the square brackets around them. Often times, I forget the /img and it mucks up my entire post.
04-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thought I would add one other image I found. Heavy crop of what I believe is a White Throated Sparrow snapping up a morsel.

Last edited by SCGushue; 04-13-2007 at 08:31 PM. Reason: text