Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
All for a Good Gauze
Posted By: Sailor, 03-23-2009, 04:06 PM

Pardon the pun - I couldn't help myself. Inspired by JMR (who does brilliant abstracts) and faced with a spare moment, I drug my lazy carcass up to one of our curtained windows and shot this hand-held close-up with a DA 35. Don't know why - just begauze, I guess.

Jer

Views: 1,057
03-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I like it Jer though it would be just that much better if the blinds were totally closed. JIM
03-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
I like it Jer though it would be just that much better if the blinds were totally closed. JIM
Actually, buddy, the curtain is closed, but thin. Remember, I'm a poverty stricken pensioner now.

Jer
03-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well glad to see you are putting retirement to good use - what is that thing shining threw the window ? haha

03-23-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
Well glad to see you are putting retirement to good use - what is that thing shining threw the window ? haha
Hey man, if I remember from what I learned in high school, it's that big yellow thing around which the Earth orbits . . . . at least in Texas. I hope you exit winter soon.

Jer
03-23-2009, 05:26 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The texture is incredible. The subtle lighting makes it a good image!
03-23-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Actually, buddy, the curtain is closed, but thin. Remember, I'm a poverty stricken pensioner now.

Jer
Man, what was I thinking. It's prefect1 Cheers Mate. JIM
03-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I like this too! Good and sharp texture, and I like the light gap too, makes a good contrast along the darker left side, adding a nice tension to the photo!

03-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #9
JMR
Veteran Member

Hey, I said to myself, what could this gauze be? I expected someone in bandaids, like a mummy. Oh, it would have worked at certain angle to "that big yellow thing around which the Earth orbits . . . . at least in Texas." I like the oblique placement of the curtain folds in the frame. I also have a suggestion for the sheer curtain: you might want to use it as a diffuser for shooting still life.

JMR
03-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
The texture is incredible. The subtle lighting makes it a good image!
Thanks, James - I appreciate your comments.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Man, what was I thinking. It's prefect1 Cheers Mate. JIM
Thanks, man.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by gawan Quote
I like this too! Good and sharp texture, and I like the light gap too, makes a good contrast along the darker left side, adding a nice tension to the photo!
Georg, you're very kind, as always.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Hey, I said to myself, what could this gauze be? I expected someone in bandaids, like a mummy. Oh, it would have worked at certain angle to "that big yellow thing around which the Earth orbits . . . . at least in Texas." I like the oblique placement of the curtain folds in the frame. I also have a suggestion for the sheer curtain: you might want to use it as a diffuser for shooting still life.

JMR
Thanks, JMR. Not in your league by any means, but a new wrinkle for me (Oh how I wish I hadn't said that).

Jer