Show Printable Version Search this Thread
mountains
Posted By: scott-devon, 03-23-2009, 06:43 PM

A few shots from the mountains

Views: 2,375
03-23-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I like all these photos. The only problem I have is the 2nd one, the mountains look right, but the trees in the foreground throw me off with the tilt to the right.
03-23-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Number One is a beautiful image Scott. I am heading to Radium in a week and plan on a couple days of shooting in the Rockies mainly in the Rodgers Pass areas. Cheers JIM
03-23-2009, 09:29 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by madmikess Quote
I like all these photos. The only problem I have is the 2nd one, the mountains look right, but the trees in the foreground throw me off with the tilt to the right.
Now that you mention it. But then, for the heck of it, I downloaded the picture and rotated back to the left so that the trees are vertical. And then the mountains look kind of drunk.

I guess it's just the subject matter. Drunk trees.

Lynn

03-24-2009, 12:11 AM   #5
JMR
Veteran Member

They are fine, just a little underexposed, at least on my monitor. Anytime you point the camera up or down, you will get vertical distortion. In most cases, it is not noticable but can be when shooting buildings and sometimes trees.

JMR
03-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #6
Veteran Member

My main concern is with shot #1 - how's the landing ... I think I can come partway down that central shoot, angling slightly skiers right to left to use the little fin of rock to boost out over the mandatory air, but if the landing's flat, it's all for naught... (and are those your tracks in the top left of the frame?)

I love these shots - I've gotta get some more skiing in...

QuoteOriginally posted by madmikess Quote
I'd guess that there's a common prevailing wind from the left or possibly a common flow of avalanche debris from the same direction causing the permanent "flagging" of these trees to the right.
03-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Beautiful scenery in deed.

I would love to visit this type of scenery some days

03-24-2009, 03:58 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
My main concern is with shot #1 - how's the landing ... I think I can come partway down that central shoot, angling slightly skiers right to left to use the little fin of rock to boost out over the mandatory air, but if the landing's flat, it's all for naught... (and are those your tracks in the top left of the frame?)
I thought I was the only one who had those thoughts. Every time I look at a hill, I imagine how I'd ski it. #1 looks a bit too much for me, though. Actually, it looks like it would have been too much for me even when I was young and immortal

Too cold to go outside doesn't apply if there's skiing involved.
03-24-2009, 04:32 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Great images Scott love #1 - looks like some sort of trail.