Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Jacksonville Blues Festival
Posted By: Fl_Gulfer, 03-25-2009, 12:06 PM

I was looking at the bay before the show started and saw all these sailboats. I shot them with the Sigma 150-500 hand held. The first shot was at 150mm so you can see that they were over a mile away.

Thses next shots are of the Pier thats by the Park where the festival was held. Also with the Sigma.

The next shots are of a Condo across the street from the park, with the Pentax DA*50-135 distance shot and the Sigma at 500mm, I just wanted to show how good this lens is hand held. I shot both from my seat.

Views: 1,537
03-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The first couple of pictures are nice because of the blue see. Only one problem. The see is not straight. The others miss a focus. I don't know what the story is you want to tell. In Dutch we say. Het is nietszeggend (It don't say anything).

Some tips: change the aperture a little bit. The pictures will be more sharp. Maybe you need iso200/400 for shooting hand held.

In the K20d/K10d it's possible to use the P-mode. And set in the settings the program line to 4 (MTF). Than your K20d will use optimized aperture for your lens. This causes much sharper pictures.

At the end. It's impressive what this lens is capable! Wow!

regards,

Cor

Last edited by Corros; 03-25-2009 at 12:25 PM.
03-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Man, I couldn't lift that lens let alone hand hold it to shoot a picture - great job.

Impressive sailboat race (and that's what it is); must be a good-sized yacht club close by. I don't think the shots are out of focus. This hazy look is typical for long distance photos of boats sailing in warm waters in a humid climate, which you - as a Gulf Coaster - of course already know.

Jer
03-25-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

So many sails in the distance and the structure is incredible. I would love to be there.

03-25-2009, 08:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are you sure that is in Jacksonville? I live there and I have never seen that upside down triangle building before, but those condos do look familiar. That may be a boat race on the St, Johns River if you were in Jax.

Ray
03-26-2009, 11:21 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Venoy Park St Petersburg is the listing.
Thanks for the reply's everyone.

My Photography Teacher said to ignore people that think everyones shots are crooked, It's not that important. She said shoot any way you like. You only have to impress yourself. Some shots look crooked but they are not, she said when a sien runs away from you it can look crooked but it's probably not.